An515-51 coolboost missing

Options
Juan1234
Juan1234 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hi, I re install windows 10 in a new Ssd, and I download everything on the website included a bios update, now coolboost feature in quick access is missing, any suggestions? Thanks

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

Have you tried reinstalling the Acer Quick Access aaplication? If not download from Acer support site and install again after uninstalling the current AQA from Device manager.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/7312?b=1

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    For what I know you need the custom copy of windows 10 made for your device in order for coolboost to work on your device. If you have installed a generic copy of windows 10 quick access doesn't know what the device is and therefore no coolboost.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Juan1234

Tinkerer

Options

i do that and dont work :c

• Juan1234

Tinkerer

Options

where i can find a custom copy of w10? and i have another question, what its the normal temp of this laptop? i was playing resident evil 7 in max settings and the gpu was 57 max and the cpu was 65 max without the coolboost, that temps are fine?

• AvikDe
    AvikDe Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options
    same thing for me , I previously used to have acer coolboost in quick access now i dont have that after reinstalling it,pls help
  • AvikDe
    AvikDe Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options
    > @AvikDe said:
    > same thing for me , I previously used to have acer coolboost in quick access now i dont have that after reinstalling it,pls help

anyone found a solution yet?even reinstalling quick access again hasnt helped
  • Juan1234

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi I find the solution, when you install the quick access from the Acer site this don't install the coolboost plugin, you have to take off the plugin from the folder  in the original windows of the pc, an then put him in the new windows, just search the plugin in the Quick access plugin folder, copy and then put him again after the new windows installation, excuse my English. 
  • magicct
    magicct Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hello, I have the same problem with coolboost, can you share with us the plugin?
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    Here is the plug in for cool boost. You need to extract the file and then go to drive C:/>Program files>Acer>Acer quick access>plugins if plugins folder doesn't exist, create one. In the folder create a folder and name it CoolBoost, then paste the extracted file there.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• magicct
    magicct Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thank you very much ven98. God bless you