Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Spin 5 how to keep keyboard backlight on?

eli_singereli_singer Posts: 3Member New User

Just bought the Spin 5 and the keboard backlight turns off after a minute or so.

Couldn't find any setting to control that and it is driving me crazy...

How do i keep it on?

Eli

FAQ & Answers

• Hi,

I don't think you can do that as it's meant to be like that to save power,however, another member found a solution but it doesn't work for me, please read more about it here:http://community.acer.com/t5/Swift-Spin-S-and-R-Series/Acer-swift-3-Change-keyboard-backlight-timer/m-p/475675

Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
  • eli_singereli_singer Posts: 3Member New User
    I've already got to that thread, didn't help.
    It's not my first laptop and keeping the backlight on is a basic function...
  • awong2635awong2635 Posts: 2Member New User
    Just bought one Spin 5 and saw the backlit function turned off automatically. Stumbled into Fn-F10 (turn on backlit) and Fn-F9 (turn off backlit) functions. Give them a try.
  • RalfMeRalfMe Posts: 6Member

Tinkerer

Didn't worked for me neither, would love to see the feature to keep backlite permanently on. 
  • machamacha Posts: 1Member New User
     <Fn> + F10 turns the backlight on.
  • Aldo7774Aldo7774 Posts: 1Member New User

Just bought the Spin 5 and the keboard backlight turns off after a minute or so.

Couldn't find any setting to control that and it is driving me crazy...

How do i keep it on?

Eli

Just Ctrl + F8 to put on and off light LED lights in you Keyboard.

• eli_singereli_singer Posts: 3Member New User
    Ctrl + F8 does turn the light on and off but when it's on, it doesn't stay on so no go there.
    Fn + F10 does nothing.

Any other ideas? This is really bugging me.