The screen is messed up when I wake my laptop from sleep Aspire R14

Ak_3000
Ak_3000 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Whenever I open my laptop from the sleep, it appears like the screen in the image and I have to keep restarting it every single time. How can I fix this.? please help asap

IMG_20170929_162917-min-min (1).jpg

IMG_20170929_162756-min-min (1).jpg

Answers

• kimberly190
    kimberly190 Member Posts: 2 New User

This exact problem just started happening with my Aspire R13, last night or this morning.  After it sleeps, the screen is kind of "fuzzy", covered with these rainbow-colored vertical lines, the cursor is a big square, and to use it I have to restart, or sometimes it works to press function+sleep and then wake it up again.  Exactly the same as in the OP's pictures.

I haven't made any changes to display or sleep settings recently.  Also there haven't been any major Windows updates in weeks, but in 'Add/Remove Programs' it shows there was a recent update for "Intel Processor Graphics"...

• TicoA
    TicoA Member Posts: 56 Devotee WiFi Icon

Wow...

I'm finding some users who have experienced the same problem as me...

Take a look at this:

http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Laptops/Problems-that-occured-after-sleep-mode/td-p/526559

Hope it works for u!

• Ak_3000
    Ak_3000 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi!

Thank you for your reply!

I wasn't sure as in which drivers to download so I just went to device manager and roll back to the previous driver version 20.19.15.4444. Now I don't seem to have the problem anymore. I guess I'll continue using this until another update comes

• kimberly190
    kimberly190 Member Posts: 2 New User

The rollback worked for me, as well.  Thanks everyone!

• studenthousingw
    studenthousingw Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm having the same issue. 

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer

studenthousingw wrote:

I'm having the same issue. 

Hi,

Go to Acer support site, download the graphics driver, uninstall the current driver in device manager, install the downloaded driver. Then go to start and type "Device Installation settings", click No in the next window, click Save changes and exit.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Capture.JPG

• cmy77
    cmy77 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi, I have exactly the same issue that started 2 days ago. For the SNID: 62301876034, there is no graphics driver or any relevant driver on your website.
    Thank you
  • cmy77 said:
    Hi, I have exactly the same issue that started 2 days ago. For the SNID: 62301876034, there is no graphics driver or any relevant driver on your website.
    Thank you

Hi,
    Go to Device manager, expand Display adapters, highlight and right click your graphics, go to Properties, rollback the driver in Driver tab.
  • ravioli
    ravioli Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited November 2017
    Hi I have SNID: ************.  I was also experiencing the fuzzy, lined screen after waking the computer up from sleep mode.  Should I also download the graphics driver from Acer and delete the one that's currently on my computer?
  • ravioli said:
    Hi I have SNID: ************.  I was also experiencing the fuzzy, lined screen after waking the computer up from sleep mode.  Should I also download the graphics driver from Acer and delete the one that's currently on my computer?

Yes, uninstall the driver, then install the downloaded driver from Acer Support site.
  • cmy77

Tinkerer

edited November 2017
    Hi, continuing from my previous comment:
    During the recent windows update, my display adapter is updated as well. Now, there is no rollback option for the display adapter. I cannot rollback the windows update just because of this, because it had critical security updates. Please advise. Thanks
  • cmy77

Tinkerer

I didn't want to give further info at first, but later I changed my mind. Please note that it also affects to display on the 2nd external monitor, I use 2 external monitors: via 1) HDMI + 2) HDMI to USB converter. When this problem starts, I cannot use HDMI to USB connector. When I rolled back the display adapter, the problem was resolved. But as I said yesterday, now I cannot rollback the display adapter after the windows update.
  • Coqui13
    Coqui13 ACE Posts: 2,215 Pathfinder
    Hi all,

Rolling back the display driver driver is the solution i heard.
    Windows-x, choose device manager
    open display adapter branch, right click on Intel HD Graphics,
    choose properties > click rollback driver button.

Just remember to disable automatic updates and driver updates on Windows, because if not (Windows Updates) will update again.

We should hear from Microsoft soon with a solution i will like to think.

Salute

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★

• Coqui13
    edited November 2017

☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

• GeorgeHudetz
    GeorgeHudetz Member Posts: 2 New User
    My S 13 is doing the same thing.  Just went through a major update from Microsoft, and no changes.

Coqui13, the information you show above is over two years old - do you think it is still valid?

• GeorgeHudetz
    GeorgeHudetz Member Posts: 2 New User
    Also, I cannot rollback the video driver on my laptop.  Does Acer have an official point of view on this?  
  • Coqui13
    Guys if cant roll back the driver then do it manually, uninstall the driver and then download the previous version of it from Acer website drivers download page https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers and install previous version.

Salute.

• cmy77

Tinkerer

@Coqui13 read my comment on November 13. I received an email saying that I should update my BIOS. I'm trying that now.
  • cmy77

Tinkerer

After BIOS update, I tried only once to wake up from sleep, no problem. For my other problem, HDMI to USB converter was not working anymore, I plugged the converter and then opened the device manager. There, I updated the driver of my converter. It worked.