Predator Helios 300 Strange Beep

Boblizueq
Boblizueq Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have recently bought predator helios 300 G3-572. Sometime when playing games, screen brightness turn down automatically but when i minimize to desktop, brightness turn up slowly i can see the transition, switch to game and its 'dark' again. It will only go back to normal when i unplug the charger and put it back on, and while unplugging it there is a beep sound one time. I also undervolt the cpu using intel xtu to -110, sometimes intel xtu setting doesnt stick after restart. Is the problem comes from undervolting the cpu?

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder

I doubt the problem comes from undervolting. I don't know why your display brightness changes. There is a 'beep' sound everytime you plug/unplug your charger to indicate and let you know when the charger is plugged in or unplugged.

Update your BIOS and see if your screen dimming will disappear.

Maybe your laptop has adaptive brightness, but I am not sure as I don't own helios 300. Someone with helios 300 will be able to tell you that.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Boblizueq
    Boblizueq Member Posts: 2 New User

The brightness problem gone after replugging the charger,but it still happens sometimes after booting from shutdown. Bios already been updated to v1.09. Anyway, do you know how to revert to default setting after messing with intel xtu? My default and proposed value happens to be the same.

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder

I didn't undervolt with XTU. You remember how much you have undervolted by, so reverting it back to +110mV will make it be as it was before.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!