Helios 300 rapid battery discharge

Options
imp3rial13
imp3rial13 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Just got a brand new Acer Predator G3-571, plugged it in before the initial start-up, kept it at 100% for a while.

Now, after disconnecting it in the evening, then using it for about an hour in the morning, shutting it down and then using it for another hour around noon has resulted in it now having only 32% of battery left. All I did was browse the web... Battery setting kept on Balanced.  Thoughts?

(P.S. - as of me writing this, it dropped by another 2%)

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options

The battery of helios 300 is very small and therefore doesn't have much power capacity. The advertised battery life can be reached only when the system is idling, battery saver turned on and display brightness is 0%. Turn on battery saver and the your battery will last longer and decreased screen brightness.

The laptop draws power from the battery, when in hibernate mode. If you haven't disabled quick startup, 'shutting down' the laptop makes it go in 'hibernate' mode. Disable quick startup, or press shift + shutdown in order to turn off the laptop completely.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

That doesn't sound right even with the small battery I can get 4-5 hours of use (internet browsing or videos) with the screen brightness turned down a little and in balanced mode. When in sleep mode the battery lasts for days (hibernate is disabled on mine), try vens advice and see if it helps.