Acer AL2216W won't start

esal
esal Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives

I have Acer AL2216W as a second monitor extended desktop. When I use my computer, computer acts as if AL2216W were fuctioning normally. I can even check that through remote desktop on my tablet and see that desktop is indeed extended. But the AL2216W itself stays dark with all it's buttons unresponsive. The light in the power button isn't stable either. It rotates color cycle: "off-yellow-green-off-yellow-green-off-yellow-green-..."

Monitor screen itself is complete dark without the faint glow it would normally give when it were on but showing full screen of black image. Screen is also cold to touch, while normally when monitor is on, it is warm.

I have also disconnected the monitor from computer and it kept behaving the same way.

Any ideas of how to fix this?

Answers

• Grayson
    Grayson Member Posts: 1 New User
    I Have this same Problem

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    It's possible the problem is a bad back light. Try shining a flashlight at an angle to the display and see if you can make out the faint images that would be there if it were the back light.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.