Acer predator 15 G9-593

Gibbles
Gibbles Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Before I post this I know of IPS glow and the inherent light bleed. But mine seems bad. I have rather large yellow spots on the left and right sides of the screen. I don't have the option to post a picture or I would. Can someone tell me how to do that?

Answers

• Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Posts: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi Gibbles,

When you are in the text editor, click the menu item labeled 'Photos' to upload an image to your post.

acer-upload-image.png

If you have any problems, let us know.

• peoecp
    peoecp Member Posts: 27 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

IPS bleeding is interesting and it has a technical explanation.

My first G5-793 had lots of bleeading and I was disappointed.

I got it replaced with another G5-793 and it (almost) does not bleed at all.

The same product but with very different appearance.

Why should we as customers accept this random quality when we pay the same price?

• Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

It's probably easier just to replace the laptops of people that do complain, most people don't know or will just put up with lesser quality because they simply don't know any better. Got any pics of the bleed, OP?

• Gibbles

Here are some pics sorry for the late reply. Life gets in the way....20170925_183423.jpg20170925_183240.jpg

• Gibbles

You know I wonderr that same thing. You would also think that these screens would be tested for a certain amount of bleed knowing that is an issue.. the color accuracy is second to none on IPS but the bleed is killer. I couldn't imagine buying a ultrawide with that bleed for 1299.99. 

• Gibbles

Yes, sorry, was having life issues. Please see the pics.