Helios 300 Warranty

JeremyyTann
JeremyyTann Member Posts: 9 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I've sent my laptop into factory for fix few weeks ago. They said there's some problem with the board so they've replaced it. When I get back the laptop from them, I realized that the warranty sticker at the bottom screw place has been destroyed. Will it affect my laptop's warranty? Or that means my laptop got no more warranty?

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    You should still have the warranty. You can further contact Acer and inform them that the sticker was already damaged when the product got delivered back to you, and ask them whether your warranty is still valid.

I don't understand it myself why they put a sticker on the back of the laptop, stopping you from opening it up to even upgrade it.

What country did you send your laptop to be repaired in?
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• JeremyyTann
    JeremyyTann Member Posts: 9 New User
    I'm in Malaysia
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    I don't know the laws there but for example in USA void stickers don't mean anything there. I don't think just because the sticker is damaged that they will refuse future repairs. You can contact them and ask them about it.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!