"Acer Aspire 5 Core I5 8th Gen"? Question Regarding SSD? Any M.2 SSD Slot Here?

Leo2010
Leo2010 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Acer Aspire 5 Core i5 8th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/2 GB Graphics) A515-51G Laptop  (15.6 inch, Black, 2.2 kg)

The laptop seems to be recently released in India through Flipkart. No where in Acer websites i found the same laptop. I'm planning to buy this laptop as it provides value for money deal. But my concern is, as it does't have any ODD (DVD Drive) can i put an additional SSD on it? (It doest come with any SSD) or Does it Support M.2. SSD? Will it void the warranty if i do the same?

Model Number "A515-51G"
Part Number "UN.GT0SI.001"

Answers

• Hi,

You can install a M.2 SSD but you have to remove the back cover to access the slot, as for the warranty question, please get in touch with Acer Support centre in India to get a confirmation.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/service-contact

• rahulchhabra19
    rahulchhabra19 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi guy

He many ram slots are there . I m able to buy this laptop locally with 4 GB ram .
    Want to install a 8 gb sitck . Also if installed m.2 ssd it will work in parlled to HDD. Please confirm I am thinking of buying it tomorrow itself
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,090 Trailblazer

rahulchhabra19 wrote:
    Hi guy

He many ram slots are there . I m able to buy this laptop locally with 4 GB ram .
    Want to install a 8 gb sitck . Also if installed m.2 ssd it will work in parlled to HDD. Please confirm I am thinking of buying it tomorrow itself

Hi,

There's a slot for upgrading memory, 4GB is already soldered to the MB, you can migrate your OS to M.2 SSD and use the HDD as a data drive.

• bbcko
    bbcko Member Posts: 1 New User
    From where are you buying locally? Is only 4gb version is available? Cost?
  • Richu
    Richu Member Posts: 3 New User
    Does the above laptop support nvme drives ?
  • SWAGAT
    SWAGAT Member Posts: 1 New User
    DOES THIS LAPTOP REALLY HAVE THE ORIGINAL SPECS THAT ARE MENTIONED IN FLIPKART'S WEBSITE ?
  • dowst
    dowst Member Posts: 30 Troubleshooter
    If you add anything that didn't come with the machine, your change of getting support ie BIOS and driver update from Acer is ZERO. There was a thread on the old forum about Samsung NVME  950PRO's on V5 & V7's second gen. The hardware is there but the BIOS is poor to the point that the only way to get Windows feature updates is a clean install. Best advice I can give is run away.
  • foxybacon
    foxybacon Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am considering buying an Acer Aspire 5 15.6", 8GB, 1TB HDD and 1080 i7.

Can I increase the memory to 12GB and can I replace the mechanical HD with one or two Solid State HD/s.  I do not plan to do this immediately after I purchase the laptop.  And, is it recommended that I have an external cooling fan?
  • BhuvanCr7
    BhuvanCr7 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Where can i buy this laptop in some where near Malad? Any idea?