iconia 10 b3-a30 keeps disconnecting from wifi

Bkmurder101
Bkmurder101 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I just got this tablet today after I ordered it refurbished from the E-bay store and set it up. Every few minutes it drops connection for about 30 seconds and it's quite annoying. I never had this issue with my old 7 inch Iconia and this wifi connection. I've let it update the software and the problem still happens. Any fix?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

You may be discovering why it was being offered on eBay... Most of the 'refurbished' devices there haven't actually has anything done to them. The seller just does a cursory check and says it's good to go. Contact the seller and they should be able to replace it for you.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Bkmurder101

That's a shame. The first refurbished Acer Tablet I bought worked like a charm. I've contacted Acer about this and if they can't replace it or repair it I'll be going through the refund process with eBay I guess.

• billsey

Yeah, Acer likely won't touch it since they weren't the ones who sold it to you. You'll need to reach out to the eBay seller.

If you want to buy refurbished, check out acerrecertified.com. I believe they are either part of Acer or an authorized outlet.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Bkmurder101

Wait, the seller I bought from is Acer certified.

http://stores.ebay.com/Acer

• billsey

Ah then no worries. They'll get you fixed up quickly.

• Bkmurder101

Yup, I've been in contact and now I'm just waiting on them to reply with the shipping details I need to send it to them for repairs so it looks like it'll alll be good. I just have to put up with being stuck with my Amazon Tablet for just a little longer.

• Bkmurder101
    They fixed nothing. Said it worked perfectly. I got it back and was going to return it but I got it working! I changed my connection to a Static IP then back to Dynamic and the connection was Rock solid for a day or two so I cancelled my return. Now I accidentally turned the tablet off and reset my fix and it no longer works after even trying the fix again. I've nearly put my fist through the wall because of the frustration this has caused me.
  • Bkmurder101
    Nothing? I managed to get it connected for a day a couple ties since last post by flipping between the type of connection and it only stopped once the tablet powered all the way off. Now it seems as this won't even work because I've been trying for over a full day now with no luck. I'm so mad I got duped into buying this and then tricked myself into canceling my return.