Answers

• svchost
    svchost Member Posts: 21 New User
    Options

Drivers are getting worse day by day.

• Lyon
    Lyon Member Posts: 37 Troubleshooter
    Options

The problem is back, even with .4691 driver. Brilliant.

• SquishyMuffin
    SquishyMuffin Member Posts: 30 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

I've only recently had the same issue too. Within the last two or so weeks. It's 50/50 whether or not the screen will do that (black screen/static looking grey screen) or just turn on normally - from sleep and a turned off state. Not entirely sure if it's related to windows 10 updates constantly or not. But it must be because all other updates to drivers and the OS I've had other the last year and a half haven't caused problems like this.

So I too have rollbacked from:

Updated Version: x.x.x.4771
    Release Date: August 25, 2017
    Size: 304 MB

15.46.05.4771. Though it mentions models 510 and 520 only.

But it's rolled back to the very first one 20.19.15.4352 (15/12/2015). Now it's stable again but I don't think I was running this one a month ago. With the Fall Creator update coming this month will it apply another intel driver and overide? Hope it doesn't suck and cause problems. Please let Intel/Acer know of these problems.

I've got Intel Graphics 530 in my Acer Predator 17 (GTX980M)
  • JobeAnn
    JobeAnn Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have this sleep mode problem but I can't roll back the driver because it wasn't updated. This happened after the windows upadte.

• TicoA
    TicoA Member Posts: 56 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

WOW!

Problem apparently solved with a clean Windows installation (Fall Creators Update) and Intel VGA driver version 22.20.16.4815 launched october 09. Note that when the laptop returns from sleep mode the screen apears black, but after tapping the pointing device you will see the login sreen.

Don't know if is still a driver problem or a Windows problem, but it's better than that wierd bug.

Regards!

• TicoA
    TicoA Member Posts: 56 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi fellows!

I made a new "discovery" ... I accidentally discovered that the bug mentioned from the beginning of this topic (at least on my laptop) is closely linked to peripheral devices ... Microsoft's wireless devices !!!

When the bluetooth adapters are connected (Wirelees Mobile Mouse 6000 or Wireless Mouse 5000 + Wirelees Keyboard 3000 v2.0), the weird screen is shown to me, which does not happen with a simple pendrive.

So ... let us know if any peripheral device is causing this problem on your equipment! Remember to test at least twice... as the peripheral device connected as disconnected ...

Sorry about the "Google Translator"!

Regards!

P.S.: Should I apologize to intel? ;)
  • Alistair
    Alistair Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I had the same white/grey/green/stripes/checks kind of looking screen when waking from sleep on my G9-791, which I first noticed a week or two back.
    It seems to have gone away after the Fall Creators Update.
  • Alistair
    Alistair Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    OK, so I was wrong, the problem is still occurring even after the Fall Creators Update.
  • speminalium
    speminalium Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Same problem as you all - and it persists after Fall Creators Update. Cannot rollback the Intel HD Graphics 520 as there's no previous version installed. Re: @TicoA suggestion: Problem is the same whether or not I have wired peripherals attached.
    Aspire E-15
  • speminalium
    speminalium Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Correction: Aspire S13 S5-371
  • Lyon
    Lyon Member Posts: 37 Troubleshooter
    Options
    New BIOS released, should fix this.
  • Skiller
    Skiller Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    So I apparently fixed this problem, I went to the Windows Device Manager, expanded the graphic card section, opened the Properties of Intel(R) HD Graphics, Controller tab, and simply updated the controller... 

Hope this is of any help to you.
  • Dabebbe
    Dabebbe Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    I have a G9-591 and had the same Probleme with this "funny" Display after Standby
    Lyon said:
    New BIOS released, should fix this.
    the newest BIOS https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6370?b=1&pn=NX.Q07EV.001 fixed the Problem.
    "BIOS Fixes abnormal display issue if system resumes from Sleep mode
    Date: 2017/11/13  Version:1.11  Vendor:Acer  Size:4.3 MB"

But, Acer Tell Me Why the "Acer Care Center" don't show me this Update?
    I also Use a Dell XPS15 9560 and a Thinkpad Yoga 260, and Both Vendor-Update-Tools a working flawless. Them show and install all available Updates incl. BIOS.
    And by the Way Acer: will there come a BIOS-Update for Meltdown and Spectre?????

• joojoo77
    joojoo77 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi, I am experiencing the same issues with my Predator 17. My Intel HD Graphic is 530 and I can't roll back the driver as the button is disable. Is there any other way? Appreciate the help. Thank you.