Acer predator G9-793 cpu fan not working and computer randomly exiting fullscreen mode

bryan660
bryan660 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I realized my cpu fan stopped working, which lead to my cpu to nearly overheat.

cpu fan not runningcpu fan not running

My computer also sometimes automatically exit fullscreen mode on random intervals, while running apps on fullscreen mode.

Is there any solution to this problem?

Answers

• Hello,

Have you tried this:

1. Shut down your laptop

2. Disconnect the AC adapter

3. Wait few minutes

4. Follow this procedure

Note: The battery reset pinhole is marked with this symbol AC-BRP on the bottom of the laptop.

France
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    You can update the Nvidia driver from Nvidia's website. This might fix the exiting from fullscreen. On what game this happens?

About the fan not spinning, when you turn on turbo fan/maximum fan speed, do you feel any air blowing from the left vent(position of screen is facing you)?

You can update the BIOS to the latest version. And you can try battery reset shown by laurent_14.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• bryan660

ven98 wrote:
    You can update the Nvidia driver from Nvidia's website. This might fix the exiting from fullscreen. On what game this happens?

About the fan not spinning, when you turn on turbo fan/maximum fan speed, do you feel any air blowing from the left vent(position of screen is facing you)?

Exactly, I don't feel any air blowing on the left vent, and after I ended up my session of Overwatch, my CPU temp reached 90'C. GPU temperature is still fine though.

• ven98
    Please update your BIOS and perform a battery reset.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• bryan660

I tried performing Internal Battery reset twice, nothing changed for the CPU fans, they are still not functionning... and already updated NVidia driver.

• ven98

What about updating BIOS?

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• bryan660

how do you update it? ... I know it sounds like a dumb question, but what exactly is a BIOS?

...nevermind my BIOS are all updated.

• ven98

BIOS is Basic input output system, that is what it stands for. BIOS instructs the PC on how to perform basic functions such as booting. It is also used to identify and configure the hardware in the PC such as the memory(RAM) and the CPU. It is like a operating system and is stored in a chip on the motheboard.

Download the update file from >here< in the section BIOS/Firmware version 1.12. After you dwonload the archive unzip it and then run the .exe file. Make sure your battery is at 100% and laptop should be connected to charger. When you run the file, the laptop will do some weird things(like restarting) and you should not touch and press anything until the laptop finishes the installing and reboots back to windows login screen.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• bryan660

updated BIOS, and resetted Internal Battery, cpu fan still won't work... and my bought this laptop roughly 2 weeks ago only.

• ven98
    You will have to contact Acer or the retailer you bought the laptop from and ask for a replacement.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system