Acer Nitro 5 cannot find coolboost in quickaccess

Abhimanyu
Abhimanyu Member Posts: 9 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

I bought my nitro5 a month ago.

I didn't notice it before but when extensive gaming the cpu runs very hot around 90C.

Then I went to my quickaccess to turn on coolboost but i cannot find the coolboost option. 

Bios and all the drivers are up to date can't find any solution to this anywhere.

Please help

Capture.PNG

Best Answer

• Abhimanyu
    Answer ✓
    Abhimanyu said:

I didn't notice it before but when extensive gaming the cpu runs very hot around 90C.

Then I went to my quickaccess to turn on coolboost but i cannot find the coolboost option. 

Bios and all the drivers are up to date can't find any solution to this anywhere.

Please help

The problem was solved for me by resetting/reinstalling windows from settings, it brought back all the default settings and coolboost.

Answers

• Hi,

Have you tried reinstalling Acer Quick Access? If not go to Acer support site, down load the Application and install after uninstalling the current Acer Quick Access.

• Abhimanyu

thanks for the reply but done that 2 times.

• Hi,

Please wait for someone else's reply.

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder

Probably your device doesn't support coolboost. To reduce the CPU temps you can undervolt the laptop using throttlestop or XTU. Start by setting the voltage to -100mV and then keep adding -5mV until your system crushes. Then reboot and set the voltage offset to the last one the system was stable on. This doesn't reduce performance.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• ven98

I just checked and you should have coolboost. Did you download quick access application from here? https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/7385?b=1

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• Abhimanyu

yes i downloaded it from here and yet I cant see the option.

any other suggestion?

• ven98

I see 3 different models of nitro 5 maybe the one you have doesn't support cool boost. What is your laptop's full model. I would update BIOS(it sometimes fixes things that you can't even expect to be fixed by BIOS update) and then if it doesn't work you should contact Acer about whether your device supports coolboost.

Is it the first time you try to turn on coolboost or you have been running it before and it suddenly just disappeared?

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Abhimanyu
    My model is AN515-51 and it definitely supports it.
    BIOS version is up to date.
    And yes its my first time trying to run coolboost
  • vivarey
    vivarey Member Posts: 2 New User
    Abhimanyu said:
    My model is AN515-51 and it definitely supports it.
    BIOS version is up to date.
    And yes its my first time trying to run coolboost
    cons in undervolting... i have this laptop too and need to lower this temp.. any advices ? can we put thermal paste in the cpu? what happend after undervolt? 
  • Juan1234
    Juan1234 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

you have to take the coolboost plugin from the folder in the original installation who com with the laptop, save that in a pendrive and then when you reinstall the OS install the quickacces from the acer site, and then put the plugin who save in the pendrive in the quickacces/plugins folder, ur coolboost will work again.
  • Kimosabi
    Kimosabi Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same issue. Did you solve it?
  • mk123
    mk123 Member Posts: 2 New User
    i think we have to ask direct company
  • Anush
    Anush Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had bought Acer Nitro 5 an515-31, it doesn't show the Coolboost in Acer QuickAcess. My laptop has Intel core i5 8250u which has low thermal power dissipation. The 8250u is coupled with Nvidia MX150 ( or desktop version of GT1030), even this graphic card has low heat dissipation and other laptops which possess same configuration have one fan system. I think since the Core i5 8250u and Nvidia mx150 dissipate less power hence Acer had removed cool boost option, I may be wrong as this is just a speculation. I had called the Acer Care and they advised me to re-install Acer Quick Access i did it 2 times but to no avail. 
  • soapman88
    soapman88 Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
    I have the coolboost it doesn't really do much. I have the aspire v nitro black edition. best thing to do is reseat the cooling on cpu and get a cooling pad. Acer has a SERIOUS problem with WAY over thermal pasting. 
  • Beryte
    Beryte Member Posts: 1 New User
    I also have the same problem on my AN-515-31, but I can't uninstall the older version of the Quick Access.
    My config have i5-8250u and mx150, it's normal, that it just have 1 fan?
  • MDM0764
    MDM0764 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Anush said:
    I had bought Acer Nitro 5 an515-31, it doesn't show the Coolboost in Acer QuickAcess. My laptop has Intel core i5 8250u which has low thermal power dissipation. The 8250u is coupled with Nvidia MX150 ( or desktop version of GT1030), even this graphic card has low heat dissipation and other laptops which possess same configuration have one fan system. I think since the Core i5 8250u and Nvidia mx150 dissipate less power hence Acer had removed cool boost option, I may be wrong as this is just a speculation. I had called the Acer Care and they advised me to re-install Acer Quick Access i did it 2 times but to no avail. 
    does it have 2 cooling fans or 1?
  • MDM0764
    MDM0764 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Beryte said:
    I also have the same problem on my AN-515-31, but I can't uninstall the older version of the Quick Access.
    My config have i5-8250u and mx150, it's normal, that it just have 1 fan?
    even i got just 1 fan , what did u do about it?
  • I_am_Arya
    I_am_Arya Member Posts: 18

Tinkerer

Install the Quick Access software from here.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/support-product/7571?b=1
    Although it is available for AN515-53 it works for AN515-31.
    I have already tested and got success.
    Try it and reply whether it works or not.

• Koshiba
    Koshiba Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Anush said:
    i have a aspire 5 and i have mx150 and i5 8250u and i have same problem as u 
  • Abhimanyu
    Answer ✓
    Abhimanyu said:

Please help

The problem was solved for me by resetting/reinstalling windows from settings, it brought back all the default settings and coolboost.