G3-572 PredatorSense

JeremyyTann
JeremyyTann Member Posts: 9 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I've formatted my laptop when I changed the hdd inside it. And after I formatted, the PredatorSense software gone. I went to the official driver and software site for that but still I can't find the PredatorSense in the g3-572 software list. Before that I tried to download and install the g3-571's and it works. But now when I try to launch the installer, it states This computer not supported. Can I know what happened or is it possible for me to get the older version installer? Thank you.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Newer predator sense version you can download from PH317-51's driver page. You can find this model in the predator laptop list(the same way you found g3-572). This PH317-51 is the 17inch helios 300. Hope the predator sense there will let you install it.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• JeremyyTann
    It still states This computer is not supported.
  • ven98
    You will have to contact Acer about it.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

had you install windows 10 64 bit Home version?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JeremyyTann
    I've installed Windows 10 home single language. Is it that I need to install home without single language version?
  • ven98
    So you installed a new windows, not the same one that comes with the laptop?
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• JeremyyTann
    I'm not sure whether windows 10 home or home single language is installed along with the laptop when I bought it.
  • ven98

The OS your laptop was running with, was a custom copy of windows 10 made specificly for this laptop. Now you are running with a general copy of windows 10 and that can be the reason why Predator Sense doesn't recognise your device.

It was about 4 months ago when I sent my laptop(predator gx-791) for repair to Acer because of overheating. After they changed the motherboard they installed the wrong version of windows(for g9-791) and when I installed predator sense, even though it was the version for my laptop, it still would appear the same as it appears on g9-791 without the features for overclocking and was only because of not proper version of windows installed.

When I open my system info(settings>system>about), this is how it appears:Screenshot_1.png

When they installed the wrong version of windows(for g9-791) on my gx-791 instead of showing up as GX-791(on this place of the screenshot where you see Predator GX-792) it was showing Predator G9-791. And the same way on your laptop it should be shown G3-572 under Windows10.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• JeremyyTann
    For mine there's no G3-572 there. So is it possible for me to get the custom copy of windows 10 online? Cause last time when I was using Dell, I can download the custom copy windows from the official website but I can't find it at Acer official website.
  • ven98

You will need to contact Acer support.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• IronFly

Honestly i would re-install windows 10 (since the single language is the wrong version), using the iso provided from Microsoft servers, the correct version will be installed automatically, since the product key will be read from the BIOS.

1) download a windows 10 iso using Microsof tool:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
    choose to create the installation media, untick "use the recommended settings", then choose your language, windows 10 and 64 bit version; choose to save as iso file when prompted
    2) download Rufus:
    http://rufus.akeo.ie/?locale=en_US
    plug your USB flash drive, run Rufus then:
    select ISO image from the dropdown menu near "Create a bootable disk"
    click on the little icon on the right and browse to the windows 10 downloaded iso file
    as Partitions scheme select "GPT partition scheme for UEFI"
    as File system select "FAT32"
    click on Start
    wait until it finish, then uplug your USB flash drive
    3) backup all your personal data
    4) Reboot to BIOS, pressing F2 at boot, then press F9 to load default and F10 to save and exit
    5) plug your USB flash drive and at boot press F12 (if F12 doesn't work, see if it auto-recognise the USB flash drive or press F2 to enter BIOS and enable F12 boot menu under BOOT tab), choose the USB flash drive as bootable device
    6) once at language/keyboard selection, press shift+F10, a command prompt will open

• JeremyyTann
    So you mean I should install windows 10 home instead of single language version?
  • IronFly

your laptop was loaded with windows 10 home 64 bit from factory, re-install the same version.

• JeremyyTann

I tried to reinstall the same version, Windows 10 Home 64-bit. But it seems like not auto detecting my system bios and giving me the correct version of custom copy windows 10. It just installed the stock windows 10. What can I do now?

• ven98
    You need to contact Acer support and ask them for a custom windows for your laptop.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system