Acer Predator G3-710 reboot and select proper boot device

cybrbart
cybrbart Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I am having this boot error pop up.  This is my second Predator with this error.  I returned the first one after contacting Acer support, running the memory check program, and resetting the computer.  Of course, none of those solutions actually solved the problem.  So, I exchange for a new one and I get the same issues.  I have only installed a few programs so it's easy to list them - Blizzard app, Steam app, Diablo III, World of Warcraft, Chrome, Norton Security, and Twitch.  Windows is up to date, and the Bios is up to date.  I ran the update through Acer Care Center app and I got a checksum error and it said that the settings weren't saved.  But Acer Care Center said it was up to date.  I read on this forum that updating the Bios through Windows doesn't work and that seemed to jive with the error I saw so I followed the instructions to update "the EFI way."  I did not see any errors and the system booted ok after the update.  That was last night.  This morning I got the boot error again.  Any solutions?

Answers