Predator Helios 300 sata cable question

Blizzy
Blizzy Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello everyone, staff and stuff so i open the secon hdd slot in the back and there wasnt a sata cable taped down like i saw in a video (same model and everything). i called up and they shipped out the parts (do i get a email with tracking?). so now my question is when i recieve the cable and all do i have to open up the back of the laptop and shove sata cable in the MB & will doing this void my warranty or something. P.S i really love this laptop just wanna add the 2tb to it. any video instruction or with pics so i dont mess it up would be nice thank you Smiley Happy

Answers

• Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

Blizzy wrote:

Hello everyone, staff and stuff so i open the secon hdd slot in the back and there wasnt a sata cable taped down like i saw in a video (same model and everything). i called up and they shipped out the parts (do i get a email with tracking?). so now my question is when i recieve the cable and all do i have to open up the back of the laptop and shove sata cable in the MB & will doing this void my warranty or something. P.S i really love this laptop just wanna add the 2tb to it. any video instruction or with pics so i dont mess it up would be nice thank you Smiley Happy

Yes you will have to open the laptop fully, here is a guide (skip the first part and look towards the middle for "Extended installation instructions" )

https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46866/~/hard-drive-installation-instructions-for-predator-helios-300-laptops