Options
dmw2200
dmw2200 Member Posts: 17 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

hey i have big issue
someone fall on my laptop
and Resulting in a broken screen
is there any possible to fix it by replacing it with new screen
and Support Center (Ensure Services Arabia LLC) is so bad in my country they told me it's take 2 month to fix it and i have many thing working on it
and i really i don't trust them because they'r really bad Literally on every thing (delay,Diagnosis of problems, ...etc Previous Experiment )
i know that's out of Warranty but i'll pay for that
so is there any suggestion for that?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Answers

• vicodinhit
    vicodinhit Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options

Oh Boy Smiley Sad That sucks. How much are they quoting for repairing the problem?

BTW, what exactly happenend that caused this level of destruction. Just curious, so that the rest of us can avoid it.

• Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Does the lcd screen still work or is it trashed?

• dmw2200
    Options

it's also broken

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options

From damage I see on the picture, the whole lid including the scree will have to be replaced.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• dmw2200
    Options

i think even wirelss and bluetooth cuz signal of them so low so any suggestion 

• ven98
    Options

It should be definitely diagnosed by a technician. Who knows what kind of other damage this impact has caused.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• Flx
    Options

Yea I mean you could probably repair it with a donor laptop and some know how but that looks bad. Maybe your wifi card/antenna's got knocked loose and need to be re-seated.

• dmw2200
    Options

so what solution?
    the agent of acer in my country so bad as i said
    they told me it's take 3 month to fix and cost approximate 500$
    i love acer but they must replace their agent in my country to another agent

can any one please help me on this?

• ven98
    Options
    If the agent from Acer tell you that it will take 3months, it is probably because the parts required to fix your device are not available, meaning even if you can't find the same display by yourself. You can order one from Acer, including the other things, but again it will take time to get the parts delivered.

The only option I know is to send it to Acer and wait 3 months or buy another laptop.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• dmw2200
    Options

can anyone provide me from where can i buy replacement parts of my laptop?

• Flx
    Options

I'm guessing if Acer is telling you 3 months then it's like Ven said you will have trouble sourcing the parts independently. You're probably going to have to buy another "donor" laptop and strip that down yourself at this point. You can check ebay amazon etc or maybe if there's a part/electronic recycler in your country but that is a long shot.