Windows 10 WiFi Range Issues after Windows Update

Options
TheAsianMamba24
TheAsianMamba24 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives

I'm getting low connectivity / limited connection after installing Windows Update (I forgot which one).

The picture shown above is when my laptop is less than 5 meters away from the router. The connections fluctuates, and sometimes reduces down to one "bar" only.

My network adapter is : Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-N 7260

I have tried troubleshooting network, but it didn't help. I seeked help from Intel but I was recommended to seek help from Acer.

Please help! I need it desperately for studies. Thanks.

Answers

• rojocapo
    rojocapo Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options

Have you tried uninstalling the wifi driver and letting Windows reinstall it automatically? You will need an Ethernet cable to do this because when you remove the wifi driver you will lose your internet connection.

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-reinstall-the-wireless-wi-fi-driver-in-windows-10/

Have you checked if the antennas are correctly connected to the wifi card?

Locate the two antenna cables shown.

• TheAsianMamba24
    TheAsianMamba24 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Thanks for the reply, I tried uninstalling the driver but when I scan for hardware changes, it comes back up again. Should I delete the driver software and use Intel's Pro Set Tools to reinstall it?

By the way, the antennas seem to be intact and connected.1672425789.jpg

• Rustman69
    Rustman69 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    Hello,

finished today with the last windows creators update 1709 I think it was, for my newly purchased Acer Predator Helios 300. Since that update I get only 2 wifi signal bars, before it was always at full strength at 3 bars.
    Any solution to the problem? (Laptop did not moved before and after the update so the antenna connections should be fine)