Acer Chromebook C720 - Chrome OS is missing or damaged

gaurav007
gaurav007 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

I have one Acer C720 chromebook which is not working and is showing that the message "Chrome OS is missing or damaged. Please insert recovery USB Stick or SD card ". On pressing tab key

the recovery reason it gives is:

0x5b no bootable kernel found on disk

I downloaded the recovery image on a 32 GB pen drive from the website https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chromebook-recovery-utili/jndclpdbaamdhonoechobihbbiimdgai and when I try to load it in my chromebook, it shows an unexpected error.

Please guide me on how to proceed and recover my Acer Chromebook.

Thanks & Regards

Gaurav

Answers

• wv
    wv Member Posts: 2 New User
    gaurav007 said:

I have one Acer C720 chromebook which is not working and is showing that the message "Chrome OS is missing or damaged. Please insert recovery USB Stick or SD card ". On pressing tab key

the recovery reason it gives is:

0x5b no bootable kernel found on disk

I downloaded the recovery image on a 32 GB pen drive from the website https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chromebook-recovery-utili/jndclpdbaamdhonoechobihbbiimdgai and when I try to load it in my chromebook, it shows an unexpected error.

Please guide me on how to proceed and recover my Acer Chromebook.

Thanks & Regards

Gaurav

• wv
    wv Member Posts: 2 New User
    Bill I am having the same problem although I purchased the chrome os in  the form of a usb it will not even try to install please help if you can.
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    wv said:
    Bill I am having the same problem although I purchased the chrome os in  the form of a usb it will not even try to install please help if you can.
    Looks like the kernel files are corrupted and that causes the reason not letting you to install chrome OS. You might need to contact google support or acer support for help.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer