update the BIOS to 2.06 on an Aspire V5-122P

Options
kukla
kukla Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hi there

I want to upgrade my BIOS, currently I´m on V2.04, I´ve downloaded all the updates, from 2.06 to 2.12, everytime I execute the files the program tells me that I need 2.06, but when I execute the 2.06 nothing happens, a command window appears for a sec, then closes and that´s all. If I reboot or check the version I´m still on 2.04.

I´ve seen videos were an aplication opens once you execute the update file (InsydeFlash) but not to me.

Inside the BIOS Acer update rar there´s only a readme text an a windows folder, and inside that there is this SOBI0206 file, nothing else.

I don´t know if there´s something missing or I´m doing something wrong.

I´m on windows 8.1 Pro and I´m starting to loose my mind with this.

Thanks in advance

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

ok, do you remember the extracted files?

right click the SOBI206i.exe (SOBI206i) and choose to run as administrator, this will update the BIOS to 2.06 after that update to 2.07 and then to 2.12

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Options

did you have any antivirus installed?

if so disable it to flash BIOS.

the file name is ok, you can try to right click the file and run it as administrator.

the 2.06 version is bigger than the others, since it contains 2 BIOS version:

Wistron

Insyde

another thing you can try is to, unzip the SOBI0206.exe file with 7z http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

then copy the folder with the files to C:\ and run as administrator the update.bat file

if both are not working, please do this:

run a command prompt as administrator

once in command prompt type

wmic BIOS get SmbiosBiosVersion

report or take a screenshot of the string result

• kukla
    Options

Thanks for such a fast reply!

Theré no antivirus installed, I´ve executed the file as administrator, used 7z, tired tu run it from C, etc..same result, nothing happens.

Here is the result of the command prompt

Microsoft Windows [Versión 6.3.9600]
    (c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. Todos los derechos reservados.

C:\Users\kukla>wmic BIOS get SmbiosBiosVersion
    SMBIOSBIOSVersion
    V2.04

Thanks again

• IronFly
    Options

not enough infos (not your fault), let's try this way:

windows logo key + r

type

msinfo32

take a screenshot of the result

• kukla
    Options

Here you go. 

fingers crossed

1.jpg2.jpg

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

ok, do you remember the extracted files?

right click the SOBI206i.exe (SOBI206i) and choose to run as administrator, this will update the BIOS to 2.06 after that update to 2.07 and then to 2.12

• kukla
    Options

solved! 

Here´s the thing, the real problem was (and I´m pretty ashamed right now) that I had installed the windows 8.1 x32, not 64, so, when I clicked the SOBI206i.exe wi dows told me that that wasn´t the right version, then when I looked for a BIOS x32, and found that doesn´t exist, I started to realize of what was going on. In my defense, I thought it wasn´t possible to install a 32 in a 64.

Anyway, BIOS updated, grateful costumer, and now I know I can count on you guys.

problem solved

thanks for your patience

• Vladislav161rus
    Vladislav161rus Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    IronFly said: did you have any antivirus installed?if so disable it to flash BIOS. the file name is ok, you can try to right click the file and run it as administrator. the 2.06 version is bigger than the others, since it contains 2 BIOS version:WistronInsyde another thing you can try is to, unzip the SOBI0206.exe file with 7z http://www.7-zip.org/download.htmlthen copy the folder with the files to C:\ and run as administrator the update.bat file if both are not working, please do this:run a command prompt as administratoronce in command prompt typewmic BIOS get SmbiosBiosVersion report or take a screenshot of the string result
    good evening! such a problem downloaded the Android emulator Knox, he asks to enable virtualization in the BIOS! And there is no such tab in the BIOS! how to get out of the situation? acer aspire v122p windows 10 latest BIOS version!