e5-575 when and how flash bios

TessaMary
TessaMary Member Posts: 68 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives

I admit i only spent 3 hours of searching through this so very well designed website. Now i am fed up  with it and start a topic to hopefully find the answer.

1-When is it wise to update the bios

2- there are now 8 files in the  BIOS/Firmware folder; do you have to use all the updates or just use the latest one?

3- how to do so?

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

TessaMary wrote:

How to intrepret " if you have any particular issue" ?

like a lot of:

auto-rebooting

black screens

audio/video out of sync

touchpad behaviour

bad performances

and so on...but these kind of issue can be also related to old/bad drivers, so it's not easy for an user to understand if it's time to flash a new BIOS but for an IT, after drivers troubleshoot, is the first thing to try.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly

1- it depends on your actual BIOS version and if you have any particular issue or if you want the last update

2- the last one if not specifically requested

3- unzip the downloaded file and run the exe file with battery at 100% and AC charger connected

• TessaMary
    TessaMary Member Posts: 68 Die Hard WiFi Icon

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

TessaMary wrote:

like a lot of:

auto-rebooting

black screens

audio/video out of sync

touchpad behaviour

bad performances

and so on...but these kind of issue can be also related to old/bad drivers, so it's not easy for an user to understand if it's time to flash a new BIOS but for an IT, after drivers troubleshoot, is the first thing to try.

• rojocapo
    rojocapo Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter

I have the E5-575 too. The latest version 1.27 includes a patch from Intel to fix a processor microcode bugs. You should update to the latest UEFI/BIOS version which is VERY easy to apply.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6752?b=1

Download latest Bios/Firmware (currently 1.27)

You will get a zip file which you need to unzip.  Inside the zip there's a Windows folder which includes ZAA_127.exe. Run that application to update. Make sure you have closed all the relevant programs and saved your work because it will reboot your PC without warning in order to apply the BIOS/UEFI update.

• dj5052
    dj5052 Member Posts: 1 New User
    TessaMary said:

I admit i only spent 3 hours of searching through this so very well designed website. Now i am fed up  with it and start a topic to hopefully find the answer.

1-When is it wise to update the bios

2- there are now 8 files in the  BIOS/Firmware folder; do you have to use all the updates or just use the latest one?

3- how to do so?

According to my opinion and experience , it' s better to findout any updates are available in the official firmware download website and then download and install it. But you own your own risk. If you feel like you can't do it yourself get some help from a peroson who know to do it.
    BIOS means a software installed in the inbuilt ROM which control , monitor the basic input,output systems and activities of your computer. Normally after a computer manufacturing process all the details are kept in this firmware therefore you don' t need to install hardware drivers before using the computer. But , if you have installed or connect new hardware devices sometimes your BIOS and the OS may couldn't identify it. Then you have to install specific softwares to help your BIOS . We called them as Driver softwares.
    (1)  when you feel you can not get the full perfomance of your computer , getting suddenly off the system without any notification , black screen when booting , getting errors or hardware mis-compatibilities even after installing device drivers, touchpad errors  or if you got a message when booting to update tha bios it' s time to get an update to your BIOS

(2) latest BIOS has every past version's features except bugs.

(3) get the download ZIP unzip it and run the exe. Give the correct information and installation will redirect your computer to restart. Connect your charger to supply uninterrupted power  . Then the existing BIOS will run the program and update it self. 

That ' it !!