Acer Aspire Switch 10E screen turning black

Options
Mike_77712
Mike_77712 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 4 in 2018 Archives

Hi, i recently purchased a used Acer Aspire Switch 10E from ebay and just recieved it. Out the box it worked pretty good until the screen just randomly went dark after updating windows 10. I looked up the issue and the solution was to reset windows/factory reset (since windows 10 caused it) which i did. It worked great for a while then the screen turned black again even without updating windows.Also i noticed if I close the lid and open it and log back into windows it'll go back to normal and sometimes it'll turn black again soon after opening the lid. Is there a way to fix the issue? It seems software related or perhaps dock related? (I'm new to the 2 in 1 laptop scene lol). Just trying not to have to return it and go through the whole waiting process but if it isn't fixable I surely will return it. 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Check the power settings to verify it doesn't have the 'turn screen off after' set too short.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Ashura
    Ashura Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

try booting windows in safe mode and test if the issue is still present. I have something very similar  happening  to me, a clean install partially solved the issue but I suspect it's  an overheating problem.

• PRod357
    PRod357 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Has anyone found a fix for this? I recently bought a Switch 10e from ebay too and Im getting the same issue. I notice that it happens more when the battery is low and it almost never happens when the charger is connected.
  • JP88
    JP88 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I hope my comment goes up, since it seems the comments here are moderated.

• JP88
    JP88 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Just registered. I have bought two Acer Aspire Switch 10-E and they also black screened when battery went below 50%. Both of them. For years wherever I go reading this exact problem on the internet, an ACER executive shows up and copy-paste a link to "help" with these issues, which is clearly a hardware malfunction, from the start.

ACER didn´t care to provide a BIOS update or at least public apologies for this, even if the product would not be returned.

I have had for years had to cope with this. It´s very frustrating having to close the lid and open it everytime the product decides to go black screen.

And pretty much exactly as PRod357 says, if you keep the (USB) AC charger connected, the problem goes away (mostly). If you have low battery and you still load a lots of applications, the device goes black, even when AC is connected.

This is the last time I buy an ACER product.