Acer Aspire V3-772G / fix code 43

Options
henry14
henry14 Member Posts: 12 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

hi, I have an Acer Aspire V3-772G with a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760m running Windows 10. suddenly i take error code 43 "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems."

i tried,

-reinstalling nvidia drivers using with ddu,(latest and older ones)

-removed the battery then inserted again,

-clean installed win10

-opened laptop and renew the thermal gpu paste.

none of them worked. and bios is the latest one, 1.15 version. i really don't know what should i do. sorry for my english.

Answers

• henry14
    Options

is there anybody could help me? or is it hopeless situation? it looks like my acer laptop garbage now.

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    It is difficult situation. It should not be an issue with the GPU. More like a driver issue, but I don't know why even after clean installing windows it didn't disappear.

So you say that you can install the nvidia driver with no problems and it recognises your GPU, right? Open Nvidia control panel and from 3d settings set your preferred graphics processor to high performance nvidia. For now I don't have any other ideas.

Maybe you can look in the Internet and see what this error code 43 means and how to fix it on a laptop, if there is a fix.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• ven98
    Options
    Try installing the nvidia driver given by Acer from the driver page. Disable the GPU for 10minutes and then enable again. You said you have performed battery reset, but for how long you left the battery disconnected?
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• henry14
    Options

I can install the nvidia driver, but after a few minutes i take blue screen and windows has stopped gtx 760m with error 43. I can use laptop without gtx 760m, when it starts, again blue screen. So now it looks like my gpu doesn't recognize by laptop. I can't enter nvidia control panel. On the desktop screen when i click right, i can see only intel graphic card options. (About six months ago gamepad suddenly broken and says error code 43 for usb this time. Then i left using gamepad, there wasn't any problem until that.)

• henry14
    Options

There isn't any nvidia driver for win 10, so i tried installing for win 8.1 version. It couldn't help. After closed the laptop removed the battery, and i pushed the power button about 1-2 min. And when i'm renewing thermal gpu, battery is out of laptop about two hours.

• ven98
    Options
    The reason for that could be because you are running win10 but the driver is for windows 8. I don't really know any other reason why you get BSOD and why windows 10 disables the GPU after reboot.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• ven98
    Options
    Keep following this thread as someone can think of a solution.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• henry14
    Options

"Disable the GPU for 10minutes and then enable again." i tried, but it didn't resolve the error.

I tried installing latest driver for win 10 from nvidia, but still issue continues. Smiley Sad(

• henry14
    Options

I hope so.

• henry14
    Options

Hi again, i can't see my laptop ( Acer Aspire V3-772G ) on that list.

( https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows10-creators-update )

It looks like win 10 creators update doesn't support v3-772g. (and supports worse laptops :s )

Could it cause error 43? Or installing win 10 anniversary update could solve my problem?

• ven98
    Options
    If your device is not supported by windows 10 creators, then reverting back to anniversary is likely to fix this. I personally don't like the new creators update and currently I am with anniversary. You won't miss anything out by going back to the anniversary version.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• henry14
    Options

Ooops, now i see that anniversary update doesn't support too.

(https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows10-update)

After that update i didn't have an error 43 almost for a year without supporting.

Only win 10 supports. (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows10-eligible-models)

Why acer tested worse laptops for win 10 update and not testing gaming laptops?

After a clean install, i will write the results.

• henry14
    Options

I couldn't find win10 version 1511 official download link at microsoft page.

• ven98
    Options
    Can you look at IronFly's post from this thread:
    http://community.acer.com/t5/Nitro-and-Aspire-Gaming/Acer-Aspire-V15-Nitro-VN7-592G-is-not-resetting/td-p/524536
    His post is accepted as solution so you will find it easily. It will help you create a recovery media and re-install your laptop with 1511 version.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• henry14
    Options

Unfortunately media creation tool downloaded 1607 version (december 2016).

• ven98
    Options

Then you can try with the 1607 version. It might help.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• henry14
    Options

I already tried 1607. It didn't help.

• ven98
    Options
    It could also be some other problem not related to windows. If you have warranty left, contact Acer.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• henry14
    Options

It looks like hardware problem. I don't have any warranty left. I'm nearly giving up. (Also installed 1607 version again, result is same. )

Thanks for responding and trying for help.

• ven98
    Options
    Sorry I couldn't help.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system