Helios 300 FPS Drop

eminc
eminc Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi there,

I have this problem. When I play any game for an hour or more than, FPS is starting to drop 10-20 and a few second- or a minute later i can get fps again normal level. I did undervolting and still i have a high core degree. it is about 85 - 95 sometimes 96 97 celcius degree

Best Answer

• Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hmm do you have coolboost on in Predatorsense? Do you have the latest driver from nvidia website?

Answers

• Flx

eminc wrote:

Hi there,

I have this problem. When I play any game for an hour or more than, FPS is starting to drop 10-20 and a few second- or a minute later i can get fps again normal level. I did undervolting and still i have a high core degree. it is about 85 - 95 sometimes 96 97 celcius degree

Sounds like thermal throttling, if you undervolted already then you probably got a bad thermal paste job on your chips. What games are you playing?

• eminc
    What is the thermal throttling? And how can be solved this problem? It happened when i play CS:GO, The Forest, Skyrim
  • Flx
    Answer ✓

Hmm do you have coolboost on in Predatorsense? Do you have the latest driver from nvidia website?

• eminc
    Smiley Sad accidentally i did it.

I choosed coolboost in sense. And i have the latest version of nvidia drivers.
  • Flx

Okay and how much did you undervolt?

• eminc
    -0.110 V
  • Flx

Yea I'm thinking it's your thermal paste unless its terribly hot where you live. Maybe someone else can provide alternative ideas. You can either repaste it yourself or send it back to Acer, maybe talk to their tech support first and see what they have to say.