SSD upgrade for Aspire Switch 11

Options
2»

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I was looking in the service guide and at no time was it mentioned that the SW5-111 model supports a ssd m2 2280. Ideally, you should take the sw5-111 apart:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,783 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yeah, it's old enough that it has the mSATA card instead, no room for a 2.5" drive except in the keyboard.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • dkoneill
    dkoneill Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    I got the tablet portion of my SW5-111 open, and have attached a high-res photo.
    I don't see anything in here that looks like an mSATA card. Is this thing not upgradeable after all?

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does this model have an offboard wlan?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • dkoneill

Tinkerer

Options
    I can't tell, but the white and black wires anchored to the main circuit board about 1/3 of the way from the left on the top of the board look like wifi and bluetooth antennae to me...
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    It is a wlan soldered on the motherboard. Is there a slot available on the other side of the main board?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• dkoneill

Tinkerer

Options
    I guess I'd have to remove the main board to determine that. Is there reference material that suggests at least some of these models have a slot on the reverse side?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I found this information:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• dkoneill

Tinkerer

Options
    Many thanks. If I read this correctly, the only connector on the reverse side is "EC Debug." Any idea what that means?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,783 Trailblazer
    Options
    I see where the confusion came in. The original post is for a SW5-171 model, not a SW5-111. They are very different inside...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @billsey Yes, they are different models. Unfortunately the SW5-111 model has no hardware upgrade option.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• dkoneill

Tinkerer

Options
    Ah well. Thanks very much for all your help, all.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You are welcome.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer