Aspire VN7-791G connection issue

Michko
Michko Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello, I have my Acer Aspire V17 Nitro for 1 and half year, but several months ago i started to have this issue.. my internet speed through wireless should be 50Mb/s , but on this computer i get only around 20 - 25Mb/s, on my old notebook I get normally 40 - 50 Mb/s. First I thought the issue was that there are 2 walls from my router, but even if my notebook is right next to router, i still get max 20 - 25Mb/s but thats not the biggest issue.. my connection is very unstable as well only on this acer.

Can someone help ? :V

EDIT: Forget to say that my upload speed goes up to 90 Mb/s, thats higher than on my old computer

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder

I advice you to update your network drivers and BIOS to the latest versions. See if that helps.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Michko
    Michko Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I have Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 , updated to newest version. BIOS too.

My old notebook network speed:

21360855_1627204423996483_1542257392_n.png

My new notebook network speed:

Lgc9.png

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder

Can you try connecting to the router with an internet cable and see if the speed will be less compared to your other laptop, aslo connected with a cable. Maybe the laptop isn't compatible with the router, so it will be wise to try and connect both laptop to adifferent router wirelessly and see if the speeds will be any different.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!