Acer Predator Helios 300 G3-571 missing HDD caddy and cable

cSMVEacy
cSMVEacy Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Recently purchased the Acer Predator Helios 300 G3-571 off of Amazon. It was delivered on Saturday the 2nd.

The laptop is missing the drive caddy and cable for the 2nd HDD. They did kindly include the 4 screws in the power supply box.

Really need to add in my 500GB SSD steam drive. Would like to get this issue resolved ASAP.

Thanks,

Ken

Best Answer

Answers

• Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited November 2017 Answer ✓

This has happened to a few others: http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Laptops/Preadator-helios-300-missing-hdd-bay-mounter-tray/td-p...

[Edited content to display solution - Acer-Manny]

If your location is in another region than US or Canada, would need to contact your local technical support to inquire about ordering these parts in your country https://www.acer.com/worldwide/. If an physical address in the US or Canada can be provided, please contact support 1-866-695-2237 for better assistance.

Note: Unfortunately we do not deliver packages to freight forwarder's addresses.

• cSMVEacy
    cSMVEacy Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Thanks for your response and advice!

Sent him a PM with all the important info he'd need and the needed kit is on it's way via FedEx 2day shipping! Should have my kit by Friday at the latest.

• Flx

kenmitch wrote:

Thanks for your response and advice!

Sent him a PM with all the important info he'd need and the needed kit is on it's way via FedEx 2day shipping! Should have my kit by Friday at the latest.

You're welcome! Glad you got it sorted out.

• Blongx13
    Blongx13 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same issue.....I ordered it on wednesday, did 1 day shipping but got it in 2 days..........got that dumb sorted out.....and now i come home to a new acer predator helios 300 with my second hdd ready for installation but when i opened the slot.........NO caddy or cable......... -_- how do i resolve this?

[inappropriate content removed]

• Flx
    edited November 2017

Blongx13 wrote:

I have the same issue.....I ordered it on wednesday, did 1 day shipping but got it in 2 days..........got that dumb sorted out.....and now i come home to a new acer predator helios 300 with my second hdd ready for installation but when i opened the slot.........NO caddy or cable......... -_- how do i resolve this?

[Edited content to display solution - Acer-Manny]

If your location is in another region than US or Canada, would need to contact your local technical support to inquire about ordering these parts in your country https://www.acer.com/worldwide/. If an physical address in the US or Canada can be provided, please contact support 1-866-695-2237 for better assistance.

Note: Unfortunately we do not deliver packages to freight forwarder's addresses.

• MsadlyW
    MsadlyW Member Posts: 3 New User
    > @Flx said:
    > This has happened to a few others: http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Laptops/Preadator-helios-300-missing-hdd-bay-mounter-tray/td-p...
    >
    >  
    >
    > You can contact Acer-Blayn via private message (http://community.acer.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/13) he seems to be the one that can sort you out, he's helped a few others with the same issue. You'll need an additional 4 screws above the 4 you have, so make sure to mention that in your inquiry

I want do as you said ,but there is no option to send a message to him
  • needahddcable
    needahddcable Member Posts: 1 New User
    Having the same issue with sending a pm.
  • kyletg
    kyletg Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same issue here
  • Flx
  • hemantyadavat1994
    hemantyadavat1994 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Acer-Blayn can't ship the item to non US/Canada
    can anybody ship it?
    I will pay the shipping charges
    Please send me a message.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru

Hi all,

If your location is in another region than US or Canada, would need to contact your local technical support to inquire about ordering these parts in your country. If an physical address in the US or Canada can be provided, we will ship the parts to that address and they would then be responsible for mailing the parts to your current location, at your expense.  

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause.

Acer-Manny  

• ingu23
    ingu23 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello
    I have the same problem, but when I contacted my local Acer Support from Romania, they wanted to charge me extra for the Caddy, cable and screws. Am I supposed to pay for them ? They should have been included in the laptop purchase already. 
    Should I get them for free or do I have to pay for them ?
    Thank you
  • sohyuyuan
    sohyuyuan Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Same here
    I have the same problem, but when I contacted my local Acer Support from Malaysia, they tell me to deal with the Amazon dealer. What? What should I DO? Isn't the caddy and cable should have been included in the laptop purchase already.?
    Should I get them for free or do I have to pay for them ? Because I did pay lot of money for shipment and import fee. 
    Thank you!
  • desmondsia99
    desmondsia99 Member Posts: 1 New User
    sohyuyuan said:
    Same here
    I have the same problem, but when I contacted my local Acer Support from Malaysia, they tell me to deal with the Amazon dealer. What? What should I DO? Isn't the caddy and cable should have been included in the laptop purchase already.?
    Should I get them for free or do I have to pay for them ? Because I did pay lot of money for shipment and import fee. 
    Thank you!
    Hey there, I'm also from Malaysia and will probably buy one from Amazon too. May I know if you have any progress regarding the upgrades? Since I might need them also.