Acer Predator z35 Help Please...

Zombieguy
Zombieguy Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I got this monitor a few days ago and I hope this is user installion error...

Why can't I plug in this Monitor and enable G-sync. It took me almost an hour to get it almost working properly. And I'm far from being computer illiterate.

At first I was having problems the G-sync were the Monitor would just turn off the signal.. I resolved that as I have to trick in a sequence of settings for it to stay on.

I have Programs that are lost on the screen when Maximized. I have to plug in my old monitor to find them but if I plug in the Predator Monitor the same programs Like Steam and  ontrol panel vanishes. When I move my mouse to the left of the screen there is a about a 3 inch void past the bezzel but my icons and task bar + probrams are properly scaled to the screen size. I have the latest Nvidia drivers installed.

The ghosting  on this monitor is really bad.  Even with OD extreme on the Blacks/purples or anything dark colour leave 1-2 Inch trails..

How does a $1200.00 Monitor behave like this?

What happens now? what do I do before I return this Monitor?

Answers

• RidingTheFlow
    RidingTheFlow Member Posts: 93 Fixer WiFi Icon

Leaving other issues aside, you won't be able to fix the ghosting - that's just how this panel is. You may make a bit better by playing with settings a lot, but it will still be noticeable.

I recommend you return it while you still can if its not acceptable for you. I certainly returned mine, its shockingly slow response even for VA panel.

• Zombieguy
    Zombieguy Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you for letting me know...

This monitor should be worth nothing more than $500.. Even at that price I wouldn't buy because of the ghosting.. I mean its really really bad.  

Returning it.