External monitor highest resoltution supported on Helios 300?

Options
spartyon98
spartyon98 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

I currently run the Helios 300 on  an external 23 inch 1080P monitor.  If I were to get another higher resoultion monitor, what's the highest resolution the Helios 300 it could support?

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    Your laptop supports up to 4k resolution at maximum 60 fps.

I don't think you need a higher resolution monitor, because in order to play later games at 4k you will have to turn down the quality.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Torch
    Torch Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    Am kind of lost in all those resolution thing, my question is " will i be able to put my external monitor of 144Hz on my ACer helios 300 and benefits from that 144HZ display???"" Please enlight me, make it as clear as you can because am lost, Thank you
    "Hope there will be light"
  • ven98
    Options
    I have seen helios 300 users, that managed to output 144Hz at 1080p resolution. Othewise, this is the info I have for this laptop.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• Torch
    Options
    Thank you, evendo i don't really understand that but its good to know that its possible if some other users did it, just need to figure out how.
     I know HDMI won't give u the 144hz display its limited to 60hz, what if i buy a HDMI to DVI converter and plug it to my external monitor of 144hz, do you think this might work for 144hz display????
    Shine your light please.
  • ven98
    Options
    The HDMI output of the laptop is limited to 60Hz(or 144Hz according to some users), so it doesn't matter whether you are going to adapt it to DVI or something else, it will still be 60Hz.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Torch
    Options
    Thank you, so I wont be buying no 144hz screen anymore, fast reply, thanks again, keep it up:)
    I wonder how the other users manage to have theirs at 144HZ, any ideas?
  • ven98
    Options
    It worked for them by simply connecting the HDMI port of the laptop to the HDMI port of the monitor. If it is possible, you can test it out on a friend's monitor.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Torch
    Options
    That will be all, Thanks again, Light them up.
  • Santafeparadox
    Santafeparadox Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Torch said:
    Thank you, so I wont be buying no 144hz screen anymore, fast reply, thanks again, keep it up:)
    I wonder how the other users manage to have theirs at 144HZ, any ideas?
    Got 144 via high speed HDMI to HDMI via HDMI 2.0 external monitor.
  • ciscorey
    ciscorey Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi,

I have a 4K monitor (Dell 2715Q). I can go from the HDMI port of the Predator Helios 300, but it seems that route will only output 4K at 30hz. I purchased a usb-c to mDP adapter in hopes of getting a different result; but it seems the usb-c port can only support data.

So, is there no way to get this laptop to output 4K at 60hz?