Helios 300 gs-571

pisco2183
pisco2183 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

DIsplay. White color on mat dislay seems too noisy. Can we convert it to a more soft kind by changing any settings? 

Answers

• Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

Can you rephrase the question I'm not understanding exactly what you're asking.

• pisco2183

Tinkerer

The screen is good. But the problem is when im using youtube the white area on the screen looks very rough and noisy cuz its a mat type screen. so i want to know if theres a way to change it into someting smooth by changing any settings. 

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Do you mean your display is too bright and puts a strain on your eyes when looking at white colour? I can't quite understand what you mean by 'noisy'. Noise is a word to describe a sound.

What I think you are trying to say is 'the display is bright, I want a program that can filter colours'. Download Acer Quick Access application and when you open it you will see an option to remove the blue light. I think it was called 'bluelight shield' so just turn it on and the colours will be warm. It looks strange at first but it is easy to get used to.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• pisco2183

Tinkerer

What I meant was that the white color on the screen looks very greasy cuz of the mat finished screen. Thanks for the blue light shield tip it looks good. but hasnt solved my problem. with the *greasyish* look

• Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

pisco2183 wrote:

What I meant was that the white color on the screen looks very greasy cuz of the mat finished screen. Thanks for the blue light shield tip it looks good. but hasnt solved my problem. with the *greasyish* look

There's also a blue light filter in windows, go to settings, system and then display and under nightlight you can adjust it there. It lets you adjust the range of filter you want so maybe you can fiddle with that and see if it helps. Also can you get a picture of what you're talking about? I can't picture in my brain what you mean by 'greasy'