Android Oreo Update on some Acer smartphones - Info OR Intox ?

Antonl
Antonl Member Posts: 52 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives
Hello everybody,

I had seen on a popular French Android website that lot of Acer phones will receive an update to Android Oreo.
Can somebody from Acer tell me if it is an error or if it is true :-) ?

The link of the article :
http://www.phonandroid.com/android-o-oreo-smartphones-compatibles.html

Acer Liquid devices :
Acer Liquid Z6 Plus
Acer Liquid Z6
Acer Liquid X2
Acer Liquid Zest
Acer Liquid Zest Plus

Please, tell me thats not an error and that's not a fake :-P :-)

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Acer didn't release any official statement on Oreo updates and personally i really doubt they will update any of the listed models.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Antonl
    Okay, thank you for your quick reply.
    I thinked the same when I had seen this article, but I asked the question to have the confirmation.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Simply some websites/blogs are not even able to translate things:

https://theleaker.com/android-o-8-0-update-smartphones-list/

Only a handful Acer devices have chances of getting the Android O update, Acer does not have a habit of updating its devices to the latest firmware. The company hasn’t a launched a single new smartphone in 2017, so the chances of the phones getting the most recent update are quite small. Here are the Acer devices that may or may not get the Android O 8.0 update.

I don't think it's hard to understand that's totaly a guess.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Antonl
    Yes, It's not hard to understand that, you are right, Phonandroid are very incompetent.

Except the S1, the Jade S and the Z630S Acer has never update his devices.
    NEVER, and it's a really shame.
  • MasterSheea
    MasterSheea Member Posts: 3 New User
    I have an Acer Z630S.
    Last year I contacted the Acer customer care service to ask if this device will be updated to Android Nougat.
    After a very long waiting, they told me that Acer Z630S is not compatible with nougat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why do not say the true: "We are a chinese productor who put into market some device, we sell it, we put the money in the cassa... and later bye bye customers"!!
    In the website Acer there is nothing: not even possible to download the official firmware... There is only the source code Smiley Very Happy
    I have also an Asus Zenfone 3: always updated in normal times, firmares available in the website and customer care service always active and able to help.
    Yes, Asus costs more... But are money 100% good invested.
  • AndreaDp271
    AndreaDp271 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi I bave a acer liquid zest 4g is it the same thing?
  • desmond_maughan
    desmond_maughan Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    I guess the author was smoking something funny when writing the article, I have never heard, of Acer upgrading anything running Android.