Acer Aspire ES1-523: Bluetooth Drivers for Windows 7 64 Bit?

SupamCB
SupamCB Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I bought my Acer Aspire ES1-523 laptop on last April this year. It came with preinstalled Linux OS but provided a disc containing drivers only for Windows 10. I removed Linux and installed dual boot of Windows 10 and Windows 7 together as a backup in case of system failure and software compatiblities. In most cases I use Windows 7 because I feel more comfortable on using it.

Almost all the drivers are compatible in both versions of Windows, except that Windows 7 does not support the Bluetooth drivers, and it shows Unknown Device in Device Manager. I tried installing dozens of different drivers and tested several driver updating utilities but none of them could find the compatible and appropriate driver for the inbuilt Bluetooth device (it works flawlessly in Windows 10). I need it for connecting Bluetooth speakers and Bluetooth audio devices.

Hence, I would like to request to provide the link of Bluetooth drivers for Windows 7 IF anyone of you have already installed it on your system and works without any issues. Thanks in advance !!

Best Answer

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hi

Yes.

Maybe drivers for that particular card, Adapter woul have been the better term, Bluetooth module, used by other manufacturers (Lenovo etc) who do have a solution.

Also the MAC address is unique to  a manufaturer;--  MAC Address Lookup

Enter any MAC address, OUI, or IAB below to lookup the manufacturer, location, and more

MAC Address Details
    Company  Hon Hai Precision Ind. Co.,Ltd. Range:  - 48:E2:44:00:00:00 - 48:E2:44:FF:FF:FF

Not always 100% but a starting point.

Answers

• doughjohn

Hi

I cannot find any drivers, however not having the exact details of the card makes things difficult.

• SupamCB

Pardon me.... i did not understand what you meant by card. Does it means details specs about the model?

• doughjohn
    Answer ✓

Hi

Yes.

Maybe drivers for that particular card, Adapter woul have been the better term, Bluetooth module, used by other manufacturers (Lenovo etc) who do have a solution.

Enter any MAC address, OUI, or IAB below to lookup the manufacturer, location, and more

MAC Address Details
    Company  Hon Hai Precision Ind. Co.,Ltd. Range:  - 48:E2:44:00:00:00 - 48:E2:44:FF:FF:FF

• SupamCB

doughjohn wrote:

Hi

Yes.

MAC Address Details

Thank you very much for giving your precious time to this problem. It has been solved by reinstalling the Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Actually, the problem was related to Windows 7 Service Pack 1 update. I contacted Acer by email and they replied me that this device model had been tested only for Windows 10 drivers, and not Windows 7... therefore they wouldn't able to provide its Bluetooth drivers.

What I did is I contacted another friend of mine who also has another Acer laptop. He told me to take his Windows 7 Ultimate x64 installation disc and reinstall it on my one but stay away from Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, because it has severe hardware compatiblity isssues and bugs.

I brought his disc and reinstalled it, and now every device drivers are working without any issues.

To be frank... most of Windows 10 drivers are still compatible with Windows 7 for this Acer model. I installed few drivers by scanning with Driver Talent, Driver Navigator and Driver Easy drivers updating programs.

Now it's working... voila Smiley Very Happy