Aspire E5-575G doesn't recognize external mic on headset

usama_9
usama_9 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

My Acer E5-575G is not detecting the mic of my headset. When i connect it (3.5mm audio jack) into the port it does ask me what the device is. It does output sound through the earphones of the headset but the mic doesn't work, instead the built-in mic of the laptop works and appears in the recording devices. Another point to be noted is that under playback devices it just says "Speaker" and doesn't show any other device. Although my headsets do output sound correctly. I tried reinstalling the driver, resetting the PC performing a sfc check. I dont know if its related or not but I updated the BIOS a few months back. There was a gap between the BIOS version I used back then to what I updated. I dont remember well but i went from like 1.24 to 1.27 (dont remember correctly). I've tried the same headset with my phone and oother devices and it works perfectly. Anyways, please help.

Answers

• dougc
    dougc Member Posts: 82 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

"....There was a gap between the BIOS version I used back then to what I updated. I dont remember well but i went from like 1.24 to 1.27 .."

That (gap theoritically)  should not be the issue since  the latest BiosV.  includes the previous coding (as mentioned in another thread).  

Unless they cut corners due to programmer laziness, or management trying to save monies to enhance their potential yr end bonus !!

Also this external thread,  mentions a couple things that miiight  help ya ;

_ incompatible plug?

_ software device settings ?

https://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/57097-computer-wont-recognize-headset-microphone.html

Good Luck.

nite,

D'