ESI-511 Will not boot the recovery USB

ADB54
ADB54 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Good Morning I have a similar situation on my ESI-511. I recently purchased a recovery USB as my partition was inaccessible. I have tried everything imagineable and the computer will not boot the recovery stick. I also get an Acer splash screen and then a blank screen. I have tried F2, Alt F10, F12  - I'm out of options - any suggestions?Thanks, your help is greatly appreciated!

Answers

• ADB54

I have also reset the battery with a paper clip incase that is helpful information. Thanks as always.

Cheers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

1) which windows version are you trying to re-install from Acer recovery USB?

2) have you checked if F12 is enabled on BIOS?

press F2 key at boot and then look under Boot tab to enable F12 Boot Menu, press F10 to save and exit.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ADB54

I bought a recovery disc for my SNID - I believe its Windows 8. F12 is enabled, I'm just at a complete loss on this one, your assistance is greatly appreciated.

• IronFly

try again to boot pressing F12 and see if the USB flash drive is recognised (normally with just brand and model), be aware to connect the USB flash drive to USB2.0 ports only.

• ADB54

Yes the USB is recognized as USB HDD: TOSHIBA MSFT NORB. Thanks

• IronFly

so you were able to boot from it?

• ADB54

I cannot boot from the USB ... it goes to an ACER splash screen and then to a blank screen regardless of my efforts, Alt F10 etc.

• IronFly

would you mind to create a windows 10 bootable USB flash drive, following these steps?

1) download a windows 10 iso using Microsof tool:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
    select the proper windows 10 version (the same installed on your laptop) and choose to save it as iso file when prompted
    2) download Rufus:
    http://rufus.akeo.ie/?locale=en_US
    plug your USB flash drive, run Rufus then:
    select ISO image from the dropdown menu near "Create a bootable disk"
    click on the little icon on the right and browse to the windows 10 downloaded iso file
    as Partitions scheme select "GPT partition scheme for UEFI"
    as File system select "FAT32"
    click on Start
    wait until it finish, then uplug your USB flash drive
    3) backup all your personal data
    4) Reboot to BIOS, pressing F2 at boot, then press F9 to load default and F10 to save and exit
    5) plug your USB flash drive and at boot press F12 (if F12 doesn't work, see if it auto-recognise the USB flash drive or press F2 to enter BIOS and enable F12 boot menu under BOOT tab), choose the USB flash drive as bootable device