E5-573-546d No Wifi/bluetooth found

HarppaN
HarppaN Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Ran MSinfo32 to see what card i had(Atheros),installed driver for wifi + newest bios(v 1.37), checked for settings in bios to turn wifi on/off. No visible switches on computer,except,fn + f3,which only turns on airplane mode. No Wifi button in taskbar,nor wifi setting in windows network settings. I dont have an option to use neither wifi nor bluetooth. Im stomped,anybody have any ideas?

Answers

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hi

I have several ideas... 

Most  of which you have already covered, but maybe one will prompt you...

ipconfig -all may enable you to copy and paste some details in, so we can diagnose better.

And yet again a helpful screen. It may show what is installed, or what may be missing.

Since you ran msinfo32, there are other Command Line Interface instructions you could try.

getmac will show the mac addresses for installed items, and there should be 3, Ethernet, WiFi and Bluetooth.

netsh wlan show drivers  Will confirm you have installed drivers, even tho' we know you have.

AAnd hopefully you can then move onto the above screen and begin to fill in the appropriate fields for your WiFi.

If in doubt please ask.

• HarppaN
    HarppaN Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for your input,however,im still stuck at square one. The interfaces fail to show up, i.e getmac only shows ethernet,network connections only shows ethernet and so on... It seems like the hardware itself is not enabled/recoqnized by the system. That´s the only logical explanation i can think of,other than a physical defect. I haven´t found any settings for enabling/disabling wlan/bluetooth radio in the bios though,so i really dont know what to try at this point.

Edit: I guess im going to have to try a clean install...