Laptops Shuts Down On Battery

Options
Mraw
Mraw Member Posts: 10 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I have a E5-575G-53VG laptop and since day one when ever it runs on battery it will randomly shutdown like if you unplugged a desktop. So since its under warranty I sent it in to Acer and when I got it back it appears to be a whole new laptop. After using for a while it starts doing the same thing. My warranty ended last week and I'm not going to pay for it to be fixed just to have the same issue. Anyone else have this issue and know a solution?

Answers

• Mraw
    Options
    Runs normal on charger
  • dougc
    dougc Member Posts: 82 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

How old is/was your Batt' previous to sending the laptop for hopeful repair ?

Do you have the latest vers. of Bios installed ?  Maaaybe depending on your model and latest Bios contents, a fix  ?

"...appears to be a whole new laptop.."

New S/N and SSID ?   Or just nice and shiny ?

Too bad you were unlikely able to access the batt' previous to sending it in, ya could ah put a little id mark on it to see if they first switched out the batt' for 'new'. 

Electronics industry can be so much diff.  but ya would expect that there would be a warranty period on the repair session (similiar to what is usually given on a vehicle repair).    Alas they probably won't pay for shpg both ways !?

IMHO,

D'

..... edit;  ooops not likely,  "575G"  i believe has the same "issues" as written up in my F5-573G-58xs thread .     Only physical diff. i believe is your platform is 2016 build date  vs the  573G-58xs has a build date of 2017.

• Mraw
    Options

Same SNID.  They replaced the "Upper half W/ Keyboard"  and updated the BIOS.  Ill check for a warrenty on the repair.  This laptop is less than a year old.  

• Mraw
    Options

Well, should I pay 30 bucks to ship it back to them or just buy a bettery for 40 bucks of batt depot including shipping?  What do you guys think? 

• dougc
    dougc Member Posts: 82 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

If  less than yr old, purchased new, original owner, I would think you still have warranty coverage !

Personally I would then have a friendly chat with Acer Tech'Support/Repair to enlighten them that repair was not done properly in the first attempt,  why was it not bench-tested properly,   and subsequently they should be paying shpg  both ways  until repairs are  done  properly !  

All that said, ya should  (again) provide a detailed report of symptoms ... not possibly just this xxxx malfunctioning.   Don't give them a reason for excuse,  why it comes back unrepaired.

I wouldn't be spending my money on third party Batt' possibly not OEM  with probably  no quarantee if it don't work.        I'm familiar with the no quarantee scenario, 'cause today I had a potential supplier for another manufacturers' laptop  (a non-OEM batt')  saying  pls call the manufacturer 'cause the batt' they would bring in .. if doesn't work --- non-returnable !

IMHO

D'

p.s.  i know we tend to only hear the negative majority,  'cause when things work out peoples don't usually take the time to share the positives or closure on forum threads,   but right now it seems Acer Repair shop(s)  'batting average' for successful repairs  is very low !! 

• Mraw
    Options

So I ended up sending it in and now ive had it for almost a week and it is running great, they didnt say they replaced the battery just reset software but ive been keeping it running for alomost a week straight with charging it when it needs it of course but now there is a new issue, when I connect TV or moniter via HDMI it shows up in display settings as samsung TV, however the TV shows no signal, it does this on every moniter and TV I tried it on, it is not the HDMI cable because it works fine on my desktop but tried 3 others anyways with no luck.  I really dont want to send it in again so any help would be appreaciated.   

• megabman
    megabman Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I am having this exact issue. I am trying to fix this thing myself. I don't like the idea of not having my laptop for two weeks with random people. my warranty expired 2 weeks ago. It was working fine up until the 11 month.

Anyways. Here are all the things I've tried....

Reset battery (with original inside) - laptop runs on battery for about 30mins and shuts off
    Replaced battery tried two different ones with lower mah, the exact one is expensive and would take a month - still shuts off behaves exactly the same
    Reinstalled battery device drivers - did not fix it

I can get it working temporarily with reset but nothing seems to fix it permanently. 

I am not sure what to do anymore. 

I can fix this myself, I just need to find out whats causing this and I can't tell if it's hardware or software anymore. Someone please help.