Hard drive not showing up in an Acer Predator 17

Belli182
Belli182 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

So its only showing my SSD, any halp? I know I have 1 TB of storage on this laptop. Anyone have this issue and solved it?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

check on windows Disk management:

windows logo key

type

disk management

click on Creat and Format...

take a screenshot and post it here.

please post your complete Predator model too.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer

it's not a big deal, that a harddrive is defective. That could be a reason. Go to Bios an look if it's detected there.

If yes start Windows and go go Intel Raid Tool and take a look at the config. Some users create an Raid 0 with SSD and harddrive. It's only displayed as one drve. If it's like that you can use the search function in the forum. IronFly has already solved some cases with that (http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Laptops/G9-793-79V5-SSD-upgrade-RAID-0-issue/m-p/520183). 

• bullius
    bullius Member Posts: 1 New User

it's not a big deal, that a harddrive is defective. That could be a reason. Go to Bios an look if it's detected there.

If yes start Windows and go go Intel Raid Tool and take a look at the config. Some users create an Raid 0 with SSD and harddrive. It's only displayed as one drve. If it's like that you can use the search function in the forum. IronFly has already solved some cases with that (http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Laptops/G9-793-79V5-SSD-upgrade-RAID-0-issue/m-p/520183). Hi there,I got the same problem on my 15 inch..

The link in the description is not working.

really need to fix this issue cause I'm on the edge to bring the laptop back!

Haha haha

• Shyamsundar
    Shyamsundar Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same problem and same device please help us ,please attached a valid link