Aspire A315-51 double-finger scrolling not working

hep0791
hep0791 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi! I have a problem with my newly bought Acer Aspire laptop. It is an Aspire A315-51-35LM with an original Linux Endless OS. When I switched to Windows 10, it worked okay. But my problem is that the "double-finger scrolling" is not working. I already installed the two touchpacd drivers. I think it was Symantic and Elantech, I forgot the name. Anyway, I wish somehere here could help me. Thanks!

Best Answer

• 1timeonlyAcc
    1timeonlyAcc Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓

Hey! I was struggling with this probem when setting up a system for a client.

The simple solution is this: After installing Windows and both touchpad drivers (Windows will select which one to use)), reboot your system into BIOS, go to the Advanced tab, down to Touchpad, press enter and then change it from basic to advanced. Save changes and exit bios. When booting into windows, everything should be working properly. You can now go to touchpad settings and set up multi-finger gestures.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

Hi,

Touchpad should be either Elantech or Symantec, before installing the drivers, you need to check whether you have to check whether you have Precision touchpad in Device manager.

In windows 10, go to Settings, Devices and click Touchpad and try enabling finger gestures.

Capture.JPG

• hep0791

brummyfan2 wrote:

Hi,

Touchpad should be either Elantech or Symantec, before installing the drivers, you need to check whether you have to check whether you have Precision touchpad in Device manager.

In windows 10, go to Settings, Devices and click Touchpad and try enabling finger gestures.

Capture.JPG

hi! thanks for the response. I only have this option in my settings. what should i do next? i really appreciate the help.Untitled.png

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

Hi,

Have you clicked "Additional Mouse Options" under Related settings to find any more options?

• 1timeonlyAcc
    1timeonlyAcc Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓

Hey! I was struggling with this probem when setting up a system for a client.

The simple solution is this: After installing Windows and both touchpad drivers (Windows will select which one to use)), reboot your system into BIOS, go to the Advanced tab, down to Touchpad, press enter and then change it from basic to advanced. Save changes and exit bios. When booting into windows, everything should be working properly. You can now go to touchpad settings and set up multi-finger gestures.

• hep0791

OMG you are the bomb