Need wifi drivers for qualcom atheros qca9377 wireless network adapter for my Acer Aspire F5-571

caryl576
caryl576 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives

Since my upgrade to windows 10 creators edition (build 1703) i've found my wifi connection has become a bit fragile, while it works fine most of the time the machine periodically becomes unable to see my router (or any of my neighbors either) and I loose my internet connection

Normally its a simple fix, and running the window 10 troubleshooter re-sets my network adapter and the connection comes back

Occasionally this does not work and I have to re-start the machine

looking online there is a lot of talk about the windows 10 creators update not playing well with various wifi adapters, and one of the suggestions to fix the problem is to re-install the drivers, I've tried to do so via windows but it says i've already got the latest version so there probably isn't a new version out there, but i'd like to re-install a fresh copy of the software incase the windows upgrade has damaged it

but looking on the Acer downloads page for my machine doesn't show any drivers for the qualcom atheros qca9377 wireless network adapter in my machine (the driver version my machine has running is 4.0.2.262)

(the wifi driver for an atheros device on the acer downloads page for my machine is Wireless LAN Driver (NFA435)

Version: 10.0.0.62 which is presumably not what i'm looking for)

can anybody point me in the right direction

Answers

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hi

There may be a possible in-situ solution.  If we accept that the thing works.  Then doesn't, we look for external possibilities.

I would go with a fixed set of parameters for your WiFi.  DHCP set to manual.

The numbers above need to be for your WiFi and your Network and ISP.

Running the command ipconfig -all when the WiFi is working will give many of the details needed.  One area to research is the LEASE TIME, which I set to the MAXimum on my router.

If in doubt please ask.

• 1synergy
    1synergy Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I also need wifi drivers for qualcom atheros qca9377 for my Aspire R11. Only options on the drivers site is 1] Wireless LAN
    Wireless LAN Driver (NFA335 HAI) and Wireless LAN Driver (NFA435 Liteon). All dated 2015 Nov. I have searched all of ACER for an updated driver. The word "qca9377" does not exist. My problem is supper frustrating . When connecting to wireless networks , I get Limited access. Looking at the device adapter when in fault shows 'unidentified network' when connected to the wireless router . Supper frustrating as I have to disable and enable the network adaper 1-3 times before I can connect to wireless router and get internet access. Noted the driver has been updated by the ALL mighty Microsoft Network corperation . F#uckm. OS windows 10. Problem is qualcom do not offer drivers to public. Most driver sites are malware virus distributors - Dangerous
  • strahan
    strahan Member Posts: 2 New User
    Maybe the Atheros Qualcom QCA6a4A Wireless Network driver is outmoded but works on my Acer Nitro 5, but has disappeared from my list of drivers on my Acer Veriton M (3 1/2 years old) which I upgraded to make networking easier, completely. I don't even know what to download.