Aspire VX 15 [VX5-591G] Blue screen

Chaos17
Chaos17 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi,

I've tried everything I could with my little knowledge but I can't figure out why my new laptop tha tI just bough 2 weeks ago is randomly crashing. I've ran all the hardwares and virus/malawares scan, there is nothing. I've downloaded all the recommanded driver on Acer website. Yet, I still crash once a week...

I doesn't crash when I'm playing video games but crash when I'm on internet (Chrome or FireFox).

Here's my report from "WhoCrashed":KJ8t2RD

ZIrnl8U

tJf6uqF

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

can you post your BIOS version too?

windows logo key + r

type

msinfo32

report BIOS DATE/Version string

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Chaos17

Sure

xwQvEPX

If I need to update my Bios could you give a link how to do it ? I've never updated Bios in life...

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

1.06 is the latest, you have 1.02.

this is the link:

https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_1.06_A_A.zip?acerid=636366679390170761&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20VX5-591G&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

update is quite easy, just run the exe inside the zip file and follow the instructions.

please battery at 100% and AC charger connected and don't do anything else during the update.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Chaos17

Thank you for the zip, I will come back in 1 week to tell you if it worked. Cat Happy

• Sorig
    Sorig Member Posts: 19

Tinkerer

Acer really needs to work on the stability of these laptops and release a new BIOS update.

I also have a random freeze, reboot, or BSOD once every week or two ever since I bought this laptop in March. Even the newest BIOS version is not stable enough.

• Chaos17

Hi,

It has been 2 weeks now and I didn't had anymore crash so it seems it's fixed now!

Thank you very much Smiley Very Happy

• Adrian_RO
    Adrian_RO Member Posts: 10 New User
    This could be because of the CPU hitting 90 *C.

There are advanced bios options that can't be accessed.

I've try'd Fn and Tab but that doesn't work.

Does anyone know how to access the advanced bios settings ?
  • RobGar
    RobGar Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi. I've been having the same issue, but only while on battery power. I have the latest drivers for everything installed, as well as the latest BIOS. Pretty frustrating, and I'm all out of options.