Please let me know if this back light bleed is acceptable do i need to go for RMA?

daraf
daraf Member Posts: 33 Troubleshooter
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

Hi,

No, I would suggest you to return it for a refund or a replacement(if it's possible),  the other option is to buy a screen and install it yourself.

• daraf
    No, the replacement window expired and get seller asked me to take the laptop to the service centre. Will Acer rma the laptop?
  • pankajsammal
    pankajsammal Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter

Contact acer support, I did the same before returning it to flipkart, the acer technician said that he can try to fix it by opening the device, if it doesnt get fixed after that he was willing to change the display.

• daraf

pankajsammal wrote:

Contact acer support, I did the same before returning it to flipkart, the acer technician said that he can try to fix it by opening the device, if it doesnt get fixed after that he was willing to change the display.

Yeah dude, i have contacted them and i have sent an email as well. 

• daraf

Hi all,

An acer technician visited my place yesterday. he disassembled and refitted the screen and this was the result :@ . I need to take it to the acer service center tommorow Smiley Sad. THe back light bleed seem to happen only after fixing the panel, prior to that it was hardly noticeable. Guys if this issue is not gettig rectified at the service center as well, could you please suggest what i should do next?.

After technician vistaAfter technician vista

• daraf

Guys i took my laptop to the service centre and the technician tried to fix the backlight bleed problem but wasnt very successfull. I can clearly see the white patch on the top right corner of the screen during dark scenes or dark backgrounds. Please help :'( . Also since the technician was repeatedly removing and fixing the panel, the panel has become a bit loose on the top right corner Smiley Sad.

IMG_20170828_141055.jpg

• daraf

Guys would replacing the the display resolve the issue?

• brummyfan2

Hi,

Yes, it may rectify the problem, could you please post the make and model of your screen.

• daraf

brummyfan2 wrote:

Hi,

Yes, it may rectify the problem, could you please post the make and model of your screen.

Sure, Could you please tell me how to find the make and model of the ips screen?

• brummyfan2

daraf wrote:

brummyfan2 wrote:

Hi,

Sure, Could you please tell me how to find the make and model of the ips screen?

Hi,

Install HWiNFO64 program, run it, expand Monitor to find the model name.

https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

Capture.JPG

• daraf

brummyfan2 wrote:

daraf wrote:

brummyfan2 wrote:

Hi,

Hi,

Install HWiNFO64 program, run it, expand Monitor to find the model name.

https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

Capture.JPG

HI,

Please have a look Smiley Happy

Capture.PNG

• daraf

Brummy please suggest , do you think the backlight bleed could be eleminated by changing the display? 

• Hi,

What did the technician tell you? Is this on a new laptop? I can not say whether a new screen will rectify the problem without knowing what causes the problem, I would suggest you to take it to a repair shop and get a second opinion as you have already mentioned that the bezel is loose at the top right where the bleed is more visible.

• daraf

brummyfan2 wrote:

Hi,

What did the technician tell you? Is this on a new laptop? I can not say whether a new screen will rectify the problem without knowing what causes the problem, I would suggest you to take it to a repair shop and get a second opinion as you have already mentioned that the bezel is loose at the top right where the bleed is more visible.

Hi Brummy,

1. It is a brand new laptop and i bought it on august 10th

2. The back light bleed is not that visible if i remove the surrounding bezel and view the screen, the bleed seem to be significantly visible after reattaching the bezel

3. Previously the bezel was not loose. it became loose as the technician repeatedly removed and  reattached the surrounding bezel 

• pankajsammal
    pankajsammal Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter

Backlight bleed occours mostly due to backlight led not sealed properly with the lcd and its a maufaturing issue, and it can be usually retified by changing the display.

My previous system also had a huge backlight bleed which used to disappear when I applied pressure to surrounding bezel.

You can ask acer to change the display as there is very less chance that the new display will have the same issue.

There will always be some backlight bleed for the ips, just ask them to replace the display and hope the next one has minimum bleed.

• daraf

Yeah dude, i have requested for the same. Lets see how things go now. 

• Hi,

I couldn't find the screen in panelook.com to compare your screen with others(compatiblle screens down the page) and I guess the screen in your laptop with suffix SPK6 may be a new product, I hope that Acer will get it sorted for you.

http://www.panelook.com/LP156WF6-SPK2_LG%20Display_15.6_LCM_overview_27145.html

• daraf

brummyfan2 wrote:

Hi,

I couldn't find the screen in panelook.com to compare your screen with others(compatiblle screens down the page) and I guess the screen in your laptop with suffix SPK6 may be a new product, I hope that Acer will get it sorted for you.

Oh man!! i am really worried now, hope acer somehow sorts this out for me :'(

• daraf wrote:

brummyfan2 wrote:

Hi,

Hi,

No need to worry, I am sure the Acer support will resolve the problem to your satisfaction as it's a new laptop and it could be a faulty screen.

• daraf

brummyfan2 wrote:

daraf wrote:

brummyfan2 wrote:

Hi,

Hi,

No need to worry, I am sure the Acer support will resolve the problem to your satisfaction as it's a new laptop and it could be a faulty screen.

Hi Brummy,

The acer technician visited my house on saturday and he noted down the monitor serial number. He said that  the display would be replaced in another 3 days. i will keep you guys posted regarding this.