Predator Helios 300

Jzpqx
Jzpqx Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I have some problems about the cover of laptop acer predator helios 300. There are some stains on the cover. I tried to clean them by screen cleaning kit, but it's not work. These are normal? How can I clean?

Picture: https://www.dropbox.com/s/udh4s5j57lcdhde/Photo%208-17-2560%20BE%2C%2006%2016%2011.jpg?dl=0

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,087 Trailblazer

Hi,

They look like skin oil from fingers, soak a soft cloth with mild soapy water and try removing them slowly, try to avoid any chemical based cleaners.

• Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

Yea if it's just fingerprints I'd use a microfiber cloth (lens cleaning cloth) with no solution or water (you can use soap and water as Brummy suggested if so inclined) to gently buff out the fingerprints. Fair warning the metal parts on this laptop are finger print magnets if you try to keep it pristine 24/7 you will go nuts, I try to just clean mine once a week or so.

• binich
    binich Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Hi,

They look like skin oil from fingers, soak a soft cloth with mild soapy water and try removing them slowly, try to avoid any chemical based cleaners.

why is better avoid any chemical based cleaners? i use one of that.
  • Depending on the chemicals, it can slow destroy the cover and cause the colors to fade.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss