Aspire v5 series

Minnie_5353
Minnie_5353 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
a network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken wireless windows 10 ...has anyone got this msg be for I looked it up did everything it told me to do still won't fix it ..it happend after a Windows 10 update just updated to the new version......please help I'm so frustrated

Answers

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hi

Could we have a little more info...

"a network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken wireless windows 10"

So are you describing a problem with a Wireless connection?

Is it an ethernet cable connection problem?

#################################################

"has anyone got this msg be for I looked it up did everything it told me to do still won't fix it"

If you could do a screenshot or photograph of the error message and post it, it may give some context to the exact problem.  We don't want to repeat all the fixes you have tried.

##############################################

Also what difficulty are you having?  What is not working?  Could you give the full model type?

If in doubt please ask.

• Minnie_5353
    It's a connection problem it lets me connect for about like 5 minutes or so and then it goes out and I troubleshoot it and it tells me that the cable is broken or missing
    Aspire V5-552P
    Model Name: V5-552P
    Part Number: NX.MDLAA.006
    How do i post a pic
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

v5side.jpg

This sounds like you are plugging in a network cable (RJ45) (2 in picture) and are not using wireless. If so have you tried a different cable ?

• Minnie_5353
    I'm using a wireless cable box and all the computers and phones in my house hook up to it besides my computer.. .. No cord or anything
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

If wireless then sounds like something overheating and failing. Are your fans/vents working properly ? Any part of the case feel hot when it fails ?

• Minnie_5353
    Yes the fans are working and it don't feel hot ..... Can the network adapter be bad ......I read after a Windows 10 update...it happens too a lot of people.
    http://windowsreport.com/network-cable-properly-plugged-windows-10/
    I went too this site and tried everything nothing worked
  • doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hi

My main problem is you seem to be stating you have a WIRELESS installation, "I'm using a wireless cable box" and yet keep referring to "a network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken".  The link you post seems to be trying to sell new cables.

So, if we try and help with your wireless problem(s) if indeed they do exist.  Apparently "it happend after a Windows 10 update" means to me that you may have some malware installed.

IE: Someone is trying to scam you or scare you or whatever.

Can you connect to the internet with your machine?

Can you download and install something like Malwarebytes.

Can you then report back?

I am harbouring a suspicion of trolling, but for now I will go along with the help.