Predator 17 battery lamp issue and it won't turn on

suiginshou
suiginshou Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
When I shut down and unplugged the laptop, the battery indicator lamp keep turning on. I tried to turned it off using the battery pinhole, but the lamp still turning on. Then I tried to turn on the laptop by power button, but it won't turn on and the battery lamp keep turning on. So I let it for around 30 minutes, but the battery lamp still turning on. What does that mean? What should I do?

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    You pretty much can't do anything more than resetting the battery, so you will need to contact Acer support service. Provide them with the same information and they will tell you whether it is possible to fix this issue by yourself or you will have to send it for repair.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

You could try taking apart the laptop and disconnect/reconnect the battery manually if you're technically sound enough.

• Targaryen
    Targaryen Member Posts: 5 New User

Same thing happened to me now and then, just unscrew the 2 screws on the back of the laptop where the RAMs located, and the lights will go off, still trying to find out what's causing it.

• foxtail
    foxtail Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter