G9-593-72DZ Intel Rapid Storage Technology removed my D drive

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    edited November 2020
    you can buy the factory USB installation media or you can just copy the drivers/software on your created windows 10 installation USB flash drive.
    Acer recovery media
    US:

Canada:

if you are outside the US and Canada, you must call/email your regional Acer support service:
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Robster
    Robster Member Posts: 3 New User
    Thank you very much for the info. I am from Australia, so I don't think the link to Canada and the US would help me. I have contacted the support team and just told me that I should send my laptop to them for assessment and diagnosis (even though I already know what I actually need). I have already downloaded all the drivers in the website for the acer laptop, I guess I have to be contented with that. Sending them a functioning laptop with no visible issue (except the fact that the recovery partition is gone). I will just create a proper recovery disk now and keep it just in case in the future. 

I can't thank you enough for the help you have given resolving the issue of  "Intel rapid storage Technology making drive d: space unuseable". I just feel sad what supposed to be my recovery disk failed at the last minute, and had to sort with using windows 10 installation. 
  • IronFly
    you welcome.
    by the way, you didn't lost so much without the factory recovery, apart the hassle to re-download drivers and some Acer software.
    doing a clean windows 10 installation, downloading the latest build, is the best you can do, since you will bypass a lot of windows updates and your drivers will be almost the latest available (the one in Acer support website are not so...up to date).

• Vedseroz
    Vedseroz Member Posts: 3 New User
    I'm having the same issue, I can't break or delete RAID 1 of my computer, and I did all the steps that @IronFly suggested.
    By the way, the model of my laptop is Acer Predator G9-593 and the name of the array is SATA_Array_0000. 
  • IronFly
    Any error reported using the raid tool?
    You need to check the name of the SATA array.
  • Vedseroz
    edited December 2017
    This is the raid 1 array and I followed the steps of the raid tool, but it didn't work
  • IronFly
    your RAID name is Volume_0000

do you have any error message running the RAID tool?

by the way, you can try this way too:
    Boot from Acer erecovery (press Alt+F10 keys at boot) and choose troubleshoot - Advanced options - Command Prompt
    once in command prompt type
    diskpart
    then on diskpart type
    list disk
    take note of the correct disk ID to erase
    type
    select disk x
    (x is the ID of your HDD to erase)
    type
    clean all
    type exit

it will take up to 2 hours to complete, then you can exit and reboot to windows.
  • Vedseroz
    edited December 2017
    I'll try the diskpart way, thank you. Also, running the RAID_tool has no errors at all.

• Carlo_Swift315
    Carlo_Swift315 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Please post another working link for the RAID_tool. Thanks
  • IronFly
    RAID tool link works.
  • Carlo_Swift315
    Carlo_Swift315 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Yeah, sorry. I was using Microsoft Edge browser and it wont continue. Then I downloaded Google Chrome. And its working now. Thanks!
  • akhil95
    akhil95 Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited December 2017
    @IronFly sir  I hv tried ur method to tackle my internal hard disk problem but still not fixed here is the attatched file if I visit any of acer service they will toggle this problem ?
  • IronFly
    i can't see the file, by the way, any Acer service will fix it.
  • peachti
    peachti Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi @ Iron Fly 
    Firstly- I have been seeing you respond to many threads with the same issues and you have been the biggest help
    So i followed all your given instructions strictly to the last letter but as i have complete the process the screen says that "intel(r) RST CLI version 15.2 cannot be used with version 15.9 of the drive"
    This happened after i tried uninstalling IRST and reinstalling it again as i was told on a different thred that uninstalling IRST might solve the problem- obviously it didnt and by now you can see i have not that computer savy.
    But i have looked up for the latest IRST drivers -Version: 15.9.0.1015 here - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27400/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver
     and reinstalled it many times hoping to resolve the compatibility issue....

I hope you see this and can help me revert the process back to normal SATA for my hard drive

• peachti
    thanks alot in Advance by the way!  :):)
  • IronFly
    edited March 2018
    Hi!
    The biggest issue here is...that Intel doesn't support RST CLI version anymore, so everything newer than 15.2 version will not accept the CLI commands.
    to be honest, Intel dismissed CLI from version 13.8 and it was Acer that did the modifications to let CLI works again.

there's a workaround...but this involve the use of an HEXeditor to modify the version block.
    https://communities.intel.com/message/414989#414989

But i don't suggest you to try it

i asked for an official reply.
  • peachti
    Thank you @ IronFly for the prompt and honest reply....i will have a read on the link you posted....thanks again
  • IronFly
    @peachti Intel is not releasing a new version and so Acer...the only way to break an array is to send your laptop to service or trying the way of disconnecting the HDD and completly wipe both drivers.
  • Kostya42
    Kostya42 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey guys i seem to have the same issue by irs has converted my d drive to recovery drive is there any new way of doing this. Plz help
  • sri192
    sri192 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I had done all steps as u said but I didn't get d drive in my pc @IronFly