Acer B243H - Xbox One Monitor Setup Help (DVI-HDMI)

itsdarien
itsdarien Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives

Hello! I'm trying to hook my Acer B243H (24" LCD) Monitor to my Xbox One.

I've tried a few things, hard resetting my Xbox One, etc. I have a DVI to HDMI (DVI Male to HDMI Female) adapter and it is hooked up correctly, but it just isn't working. The screen turns on, gives me a "No signal" popup and then it goes idle again with an amber light. I've been researching the internet for hours now to no avail. I put my Xbox One into DVI mode, etc.

The one thing that confuses me is that my monitor is stuck in Analog input mode and I don't know how to change it.

If someone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated!

Answers

• mjfear
    mjfear Member Posts: 3 New User
    Exact same thing happening to me.  I can't believe no one ever commented!  Did you ever figure it out? We could use some help with same problem.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    Usually it's the cable, IIRC DVI to HDMI and HDMI to DVI are different and you just have the cable that's designed for the wrong direction.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mjfear
    We have an HDMI end for Xbox and DVI for monitor.  It works when I plug the HDMI into my laptop.  
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    OK, so that's not the problem. Is there any chance the X-Box is trying to output a signal frequency the monitor doesn't support? Like a 4K signal for a 1080P monitor?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mjfear
    Xbox is set for 1080, still stumped.  But it was helpful to go into the settings for the xbox and confirm