Options
2»

Answers

• minDilanim
    minDilanim Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options
    TedMac said:

Same problem, TC-280 with the AMD chipset.  BIOS is P11-A4.

Is it possible it is failing to install one of the microcode updates that Microsoft has started building into Windows in order to address the Spectre/Meltdown issues?

I only see it on cold boots.  Once the error is acknowledged, the machine boots normally.

This BIOS version on my TC-280 says (BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P11-A4, 26/04/2016) and the same version on Acer website says 2020/01/25, which confused me and I downloaded and ran it on my computer, now I have issue that my computer keeps wake up on a crashed BIOS screen all the time. I am not sure how to fix it

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6834?b=1
    For some reason, the IT team only released these files in 2020. But note that the bios files were modified in 2016 and not in 2020:

Well, it has caused my problem now, and I am not sure how to fix this dead BIOS screen when the computer wakes up from sleep. Is there anyway I can flush the BIOS and reinstall it? 
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,432 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    edited October 2021
    Options
    I think that they're saying to shut down your computer then reboot.
    NOT RESTART. 

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @minDilanimWhat happens when you restore the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • minDilanim

Tinkerer

Options
    TedMac said:

Same problem, TC-280 with the AMD chipset.  BIOS is P11-A4.

Is it possible it is failing to install one of the microcode updates that Microsoft has started building into Windows in order to address the Spectre/Meltdown issues?

I only see it on cold boots.  Once the error is acknowledged, the machine boots normally.

This BIOS version on my TC-280 says (BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P11-A4, 26/04/2016) and the same version on Acer website says 2020/01/25, which confused me and I downloaded and ran it on my computer, now I have issue that my computer keeps wake up on a crashed BIOS screen all the time. I am not sure how to fix it

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6834?b=1
    For some reason, the IT team only released these files in 2020. But note that the bios files were modified in 2016 and not in 2020:

This confused me, and it seems that have done something to me PC by installing the same BIOS version again. Is there any we can revoke this action and fix my PC please.
  • minDilanim

Tinkerer

edited October 2021
    Options
    I get the error screen when the PC is waking up from sleep 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    A lot of the confusion here is due to asking slightly different questions on an old thread. This thread is from 2017 and it has several different models shown. Please start a new thread (use the Ask a Question button), include your full model number (TC-280-xxxx if you can), what you are seeing and what you have tried so far. It sounds like your EFI is corrupted, perhaps by a virus. That message usually is caused by the EFI not passing it's tests before loading.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • minDilanim

Tinkerer

Options
    I have fixed this issue but disconnecting my computer from network and reinstalling BIOS again. It wiped and installed smoothly, restarted and reconnected, all is normal again.