Problem monitor and restart sistem Acer Predator 17 G5-793-73NZ

jesic
jesic Member Posts: 11 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Laptop monitor image  5 second after power on. Then go to freeze and restart laptop and again ...

Windows reporting problem.

Laptop is old 3 months and it's not using more then 5 days.

Any ideas how to solve this problem? Thanks

image-0-02-04-335497341256fed12f8381e3b345fe1eea30827e0d1b584fba2115074853c8fb-V.jpgimage-0-02-04-277a32bde349b3932785fd203388404f4f627f72cee62b1826d9c6f97c3708e2-V.jpg

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

this is a classic GPU ram issue, you need to call Acer support service.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • jesic

Ok. Thanks

• Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

Do you get the artifacts when you boot up or just log into Windows? Try reinstalling your driver in safe mode

• jesic

Ok. I m in Europe - Serbia. 

I was contact service centar and they thold that I have only local warranity in America where is laptop bougth.

No service ITW-  warranity.

I get error on monitor 5 seconds after Windows is log in . 

I don't know how to reinstalling drivers , but some people whill help my.

I m not some expert. This is my first gaming laptop. 

I'll let you know when I do something.

Thanks . 

• IronFly

with the left programmable keys (P) set on red color, if you press the 1 button, do you see a overlay with iGPU or dGPU graphic?

set to dGPU (nvidia) and check if you still have the issue.

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder

All predators have 1 year international warranty. I don't understand how they can decline to repair your laptop. You can go to Acer's website and check your warranty status from this link: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/system-information. Even though I purchased my laptop from Bulgaria, they accepted it for repair in UK and even got refunded there.

I suggest you to speak to them again.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• jesic

IMG_20170806_003001.jpgIMG_20170806_003021.jpgIMG_20170806_003104.jpg

I think the same way about ITW.  This is my warranty from acer website.

And from laptop box.

I was chating with acer suport and tell them about ITW and they tell me about  2 years local waranity in US because laptop is from US . Only thing is too send laptop to US.

I m also contact service centar in Belgrade and Zagreb and they can do nothing.

What do you think ?

[edited for privacy - THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM - please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

• ven98
    Ah shoot, I understand now why they don't accept it. You have Serbian citizenship right? If you read 'Who may claim the ITW service' it says there that ITW is for people who are temporarily present in this country, or in other words not a citizen of this same country in order for them to accept the laptop.

I don't understand many things here. Under limitations of ITW, they have written that the laptop and AC adapter cannot be replaced but then months ago they refunded my laptop. From this my conclusion is that probably the warranty depends on what country and what store you have bought the laptop from.

I am going to check what is written on my warranty slip which comes within the box and see if there will be any difference compared to yours.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• jesic

Nothing is showing up when I press the button 1.

Thanks

• IronFly

have you tried to play a game using nvidia gpu instead of intel gpu?

• jesic

I dont play games on laptop.

Its for work- animation and real - time rendering.

It was working very good when I was  testing on first days . 

• beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer
    Maybe you can find someone a bit more skilled on this things. You could go to another computer and try to download a Linux Live system like Ubuntu or so. If you boot the Live CD and you have also issues with the graphics, it should be 100% sure, that your system is defective and you can stop all other analysis.
  • Flx

beststevie wrote:
    Maybe you can find someone a bit more skilled on this things. You could go to another computer and try to download a Linux Live system like Ubuntu or so. If you boot the Live CD and you have also issues with the graphics, it should be 100% sure, that your system is defective and you can stop all other analysis.

Just to re-iterate, OP you aren't getting the graphical anomaly while booting the PC up? The artifacts only happen when you log into Windows? What happens when you go into BIOS do you get messed up graphics also? One last thing is boot the laptop into safe mode and see if you're still getting this problem.

• jesic

Hello again.

This is the news.  Diagnose from my service in the city . The graphic card is not good.  

I must to send laptop to NY to acer service . It is so expensive and complicated - half price of laptop in one way. 

I think i'm gonna just looking my new laptop. 

Thanks for help

• ven98
    This is too bad. The reason why they charge you so much is because they have to change the whole motherboard. The CPU and GPU are soldered and therefore you are paying for new CPU, GPU and motherboard, which is like a new laptop from the inside. Not to forget that you also pay for the service hand and sending the laptop to them by courier. It is probably going to cost you cheaper to just go back on holiday to America and have your laptop fixed with warranty.

This international travellers warranty is pointless in my opinion. Most people go on holiday for not more than 2-3 weeks. And it sometimes takes even more than that to fix the laptop. Plus if you have bought it from another country, you can't fix it using this international warranty in the country you live in.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• jesic

Changing graphic card chip for my laptop in this service is about 400-600 euro. 

• Flx

zivanjesic wrote:

Changing graphic card chip for my laptop in this service is about 400-600 euro. 

What really? Sorry to hear that man. I wonder if you could source your own GPU and do it yourself if you're technically skilled enough.

• jesic
    Laptop is finaly send in acer service - Texas US.  
    I waiting what will be .
  • jesic
    Laptop is back , after long time. For now it working fine. I have new problem . The 2,3, 4 light on keyboard not working. It is posible to fix?