Any experience with Acer Aspire Nitro VN7-793G?

ThbjDK
ThbjDK Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I am on the lookout for a new computer, and I now hope someone here can help me out.

I have found a nitro VN7 that has all I want for hardware on sale: i7, 16gb ram, 1060 graphics 6gb, 512 ssd hd etc.

My worry is that comming from a Macbook pro I am used to a machine running very hot, and I fear if the compact design will make the machine thermal throttle. Anyone have experience with how the machine handles everyday chores?

I will most likely put it most at work when I play games like Diablo 3, wow, Civilization 5 & 6 or heroes VII. So not the most demanding of games, but still?

I was considering a Predator, but gonna get less hardware specs and around 40% higher price.

Anyone know how Its gonna perform?

Answers

• Diz3L
    Diz3L Member Posts: 2 New User

I am not sure if you have already purchased a laptop but I purchased this laptop 3 months ago and I am loving it so far. My priorities when purchasing the laptop was non-gaming design, i7, 16GB RAM+, GTX 1060, above average battery for regular usage and this laptop met my requirements.

Great performance to handle probably anything. I can run most games at high or ultra settings. I've played GTA V, PUBG, LoL, Civ 5, etc. No issues and runs better than my previous desktop with i5-4690k/8GB RAM/GTX 970. Looks sleek and doesn't scream gaming laptop other than the red keyboard backlighting which you can turn it off. Battery life is pretty great for normal usage for school and viewing media. It is a 17-inch laptop and quite large but I have no issue carrying it around and using it in public.

When under load, especially while gaming, fans will get very loud but I don't mind the fan noise as I use a headset while gaming which I do at home most of the time. Also, top-middle section of the keyboard will get very hot and may provide to be uncomfortable for long period of gaming. But I use an external mouse, keyboard, and monitor at home to game and this is not an issue for me since for regular usage, it doesn't get as hot.

This laptop won't let you game on the go without the power adapter for more than an hour and a half or so but no laptop can. I purchased it to replace my laptop and be able to use it at school and work for easy use and gaming at home and it has been great for me.

If interested, you can use 144Hz monitor through Thunderbolt 3 cable, which is what I am doing at home using Asus VG248QE monitor with a Thunderbolt 3 to DP cable.