Acer Switch 10 SW5-11 can't modify bios

haw3000
haw3000 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hi!

I enter in my bios with my password  (User Password),

but all the fields are not modifiable, (a part from Date, time, User Password. saved with or without modify)

I have update the bios from 1.06 to 1.08, but nothing is changed.

how can I set (for example) Supervisor Password, change the "Secure Boot Mode",

change the Boot Priority Order and so on?

thank you.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i tested your device a long time ago but if i remember correctly you can set supervisor passwrod under Security tab, just select clear and tap or press enter to set the password.

about secure boot mode, probably it would work only with a supervisor password set.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • haw3000

Thank you IronFly,

but the problem is that one! I can't set "Supervisor Password", because it's disabked and I can't click it2017-08-02_003438.jpg

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hi

You say the Supervisor Password is 'Disabled' and the "User" password is used for access to the BIOS?

Your screenshot shows that the 'Supervisor' password and the "User" password are both set.

So take note of the above post and attempt to clear the Supervisor password or find a way to have it asked for, and then entered.

• IronFly

yes, both passwords are set...if you don't remember the supervisor password, you will not be able to disable or reset.

• haw3000

Hi 

(thank you again)

As you can see from the picture, it's not possible to enter in the "supervisor password"

in that screen the only clickable line is the one in gray of the "pass user", all the other menus are text non clickable.

is it not possible to replace the bios deleting all the settings and all the passwords?

or to return to the "default settings" 

(as I can normally access to windows)?

• IronFly

default settings can be loaded pressing F9 and then F10 to save but this will not erase the supervisor password.

• haw3000

"load setup defaults" (and f9 key) are disabled.

Seems that my bios has some problems. Too many settings are disabled.

As it's already the last version (v1.08)

I'm trying to reinstall the bios or to downgrade it, but the installer tells me that the bios it's the same or newer, so I'm blocked again.

Somebody it's able to reinstall or downgrade the bios?

(I've read about to modify the platforms.ini file, but is it works on the switch 10?)

(thanks again!!)

• Elmo1987
    Elmo1987 Member Posts: 3 New User
    i have the same problem with my SW03-013 can somebody help me pls?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    @Elmo1987
    (1) Re-run the same or earlier BIOS flash file that you downloaded from the ACER site. When the version error message appears, don't close it leave it open.

(2) Then, while the error message is still on the screen, search your personal user folder--- C:\users\yourusername\--- for a "platform.ini" file that should be in a temporary subdirectory buried far down in your username folder. Copy that whole temporary subdirectory to someplace else because as soon as you close the error message, the temporary directory will disappear.

(3) Then open the platform.ini file in notepad. Search for either the string "NN" or "flag=1" and change it to either "DD" or "flag=0". Save the file and then run the .EXE file in the same folder to re-flash the BIOS.

Good luck

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Elmo1987
    Elmo1987 Member Posts: 3 New User
    My windows is crashed i can not start to windows 
  • JackE
    @Elmo1987 But is your BIOS now OK? Do you see the ACER logo screen? If yes, press and hold the power button till the machine completely shuts off. Then turn the machine back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear to re-set your machine to factory-fresh Windows state. Then follow this video. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ

• Kaydels
    Kaydels Member Posts: 1 New User
    So Windows is giving error 0xc000000d. I enter the Bios settings and attempt to disable secure boot in order to boot from USB. Then I have problem mentioned above, exactly the same, supervisor password is not selectable. Please can someone assist? 
  • JackE
    This thread is more than two years old and we didn't get followups on some suggestions. Please start a new thread. Thanks. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ